Sunday, January 25, 2015

Happy Australia Day 2015

Hi everyone and thanks for stopping by,

It's Australia Day on Monday the 26th of January and I thought I would make some Australia Day cards to celebrate the occasion.


Card 1: Winner Australia


The idea to use this fairy die in this card came to me as soon as I began to think of Australia Day card designs. The way her hand comes out looks like it needed a flag in it. I bought the flags from my local $2 shop.


For the background, I used a card from the Glitz "What Not" Love Games collection and I die-cut the words "Australia Day" using my Memory Box Classic Upper and Lowercase Alphabet Dies.



For the fairy herself, I cut her out of white card stock and coloured her in using my alcohol markers. I then paper pieced her wings and dress. 


This die is adorable, I find many uses for it and I'm so glad  I could showcase her here....she's an Aussie for sure ;)




Card 2: I still call Australia HOME


I love this card. It turned out just as good as I hoped it would.


 I used the typewriter from the We R Memory Keepers Albums Made Easy Icon Dies, put a slit in it and printed off the title from this iconic Aussie song on my home printer. 

I like how it turned out.


I also used the geo-tag die from the same set to indicate Australia on the world map themed patterned paper from Kaisercraft Check-In 12x12 paper pad.


For the sentiment, I used the individual die-cuts from the We R Memory Keepers Albums Made Easy Text Dies to spell out "Happy Australia Day".



Card 3: "Heart" Australia Day 


This card has such a simple design but it looks really festive!





I used a different paper from the same Check-In paper pad, layered the flags, covered the flag ends with a layered circle motif with the heart die-cut (from the We R Memory Keepers Icon Die set) and then added my "Australia Day" sentiment as previous.





So there you have it folks. Three cards to say "Happy Australia Day".



Until next time, happy crafting and I hope to see some Australia Day cards from you.

xx Amira

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...