Thursday, February 12, 2015

In Love with XO

Our week of Love-liness continues with Amira from Handmade in Oz playing with Kaisercraft's XO collection.
Don't forget to leave a comment to go into the draw to win 2 packs of Be Mine Captured Moments cards.........the ideas below should get you inspired!
AV :)



Hi Everyone,

I am so happy :)

Ive just been playing with the new XO range from KaiserCraft and I'm telling you I came up with so many card ideas I was on a roll!

So, cut the chit and chat and on with the show!!

Card 1 - Happy Valentine's Day

 This card is as simple as they come. The background is a 4" x 6" card from the Captured Moments Be Mine collection, while the front panel is a 3"x4" card from the same collection. Add some twine on the side and make a pretty bow!


Here is how I chose to decorate the inside.



Card 2- In Love

In this card, I used one of the papers from the XO Collection and cut it to 4" x 5.75". I then layered 2 of the heart die-cut from my previous post and left them peaking out on either side of the 3" x 4" cut out from the collection. I then made a black lace border using my Martha Stewart punch and added the arrow embellishment from the XO embellishment pack and topped the card off with 2 flowers from Manor House Creations.



And for the inside.


Card 3- You know you're in love when

This card is another simple one.  A 4"x 6" card from the card set as the background and a 3" x 4" cut out from the paper collection. I added the heart and the flowers from the embellishment pack and wrapped the side with pink twine.


And the inside looks like this.


Card 4- Together Forever


And the inside:


Card 5- Hello Friend


And the inside:


Card 6: I love you to the moon and back

For this card, I got a little artistic and made a few layers using different papers from the collection as well as using my scalloped dies and my Round Binding Edge Punch from EK Tools. 


I also attempted to make my own postage stamp style embellishment using the smaller scalloped die I have. Sort of worked out ;)



Here's a closer look at the twine and the candy heart embellishment.


And here is the inside of the card:


Card 7: Love you so much

This card turned out so well with the combination of pink on black I didn't have to do much to it to make it this awesome!



And here is the inside of the card:



I also wanted to show you what I have started doing with the XO Stamp set.

Take an average card that doesn't inspire much.


Ink it up.

And hey presto, a really sweet sentiment card !!


Or you can go the extra mile and add gold embossing powder to it.
Looks great!




I did the same with this card.


I find it adds an extra personal touch and no-one else will have a card exactly like this. Its the advantage of hand made.


This one gave me mixed emotions. I think the contrast in the black won it for me.



Here are a few more I altered for a more personalised touch:






Thank you so much for stopping by my post. Would love to hear your thoughts so please leave a comment below. Until next time, happy crafting.

xxAmira





2 comments:

  1. Thank you Amira for sharing all these beautiful cards! I tried to pick a favourite....... but I can't!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its really easy to make a whole bunch of favourites with the new XO collection. They just sprang forth without much effort ;) xxA

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...