Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Tuesday Tutorial with Amira - Happy Valentine's Day

Our week of love-liness continues with a Tuesday Tutorial by Amira from Handmade in Oz .....


Welcome to 'Love'ly February!


Today I am playing with this adorable heart die by Impression Obsession Rubber Stamps.




I'm telling you this little guy is “the little die that could”. I had so many ideas of how to use this die and I am happy to share them with you.




Impression Obsession Heart Die



The die measures 2 ¾” x 2 ½” (6cm x 7cm) and is unusually unique because it is an inset die. 

What does that mean?

It means it does this:
  
Don't forget to use that wax paper!

Using up left over pieces of patterned paper


So, I took out one of my 8”x8” paper pads and cut my papers into 4”x8” card bases and stamped the inside with month appropriate sentiments. This is how they came out.

Set 1- Love
Set 2- Truly Madly Deeply
Set 3- Love you

Set 4- Love


I then created a little pizza style box for them:





  

Are you wondering how I made the heart on the front of the box? Good eye!

Oh, and that bow, comes from this tutorial.













Just like this:



  







And then I couldn't stop!!








Only because I am a self-confessed fussy cutter!













Now, what do you think my surface looks like after all this die-cutting?




Messy!!!


So, I created 8 more card bases, making 4 designs and varying the duplicates like this:


Set 1- Orange

Set 2- Green/Red Flowers

Set 3- Teal/Red Flowers

Set 4- Pastel Wildflowers

Once again, I made a traditional Pizza Box Style Holder for them using this tutorial by Sam of PootlesPaperCraft UK.






So because the die is 2 ¾” x 2 ½”, you'd think you could only make 3"x3" cards. I thought I'd make regular 4.5" x 5.5" sized cards to see how it looked and I was impressed with the look!



Card 1- Love You


To create this card, I placed the die on the card in a landscape position and die-cut it using my Sizzix Big-shot. I then placed a 3" x 4" card from the Captured Moments Be Mine Collection by KaiserCraft behind it to fill in the hearts (I liked this look better than leaving it empty revealing the writing on the inside of the card). I then placed a few embellishments from the XO embellishment collection from KaiserCraft. So simple and quick and you won't find another card like it because you made it yourself :)




One thing that inspired me is this 4"x 6" card from the Captured Moments Be Mine collection. It looks like a page ripped out of a spiral note book and then tacked on with cute washi tape. I think I have discovered a new use for all those project life style cards :)




It just seemed perfect because to tell you the truth, I really don't like the emptiness of blank cards. I never write enough to fill the entire space so I thought this decorated the inside so perfectly.

Card 2- I love you to the moon and back


In this card, I placed the die in a portrait position in the middle of the card and die-cut using my Sizzix BigShot. I then placed a 3"x3" piece of embossed card stock (from my scrap pile) behind it to give it a little bit of shine and colour. Then, I used more embellishments from the XO Embellishment pack as well as the bottom half of another 3" x 4" Captured Moments Be Mine Card. I created a border using my EK Tools Round Binding Edge Punch. I have also found an internal love for the postage stamp-style embellishment....ADORE!!





And the flower is by Manor House Creations.

And for the inside:


I used the round binding edge again, one of the 3x4 cards and a few embellishments from the pack. Very effective, wouldn't you say :)

Card 3- LOVE THIS

I decided to give tri-fold cards a go.


For this one, I created a tri-fold card by bending back the front cover of a regular card on itself. I then placed my die on the crease and only sent half of the heart through my Big Shot for a partial die-cut.


 (Here i practised on copy paper before I did the real thing- a few times to get it just right).


I then die-cut the heart out of patterned paper from an old Kaiser collection (Curiosity) and cut around it and lined it up with the cut out and glued down the left side ONLY so that it could "float" when you opened it.


And from the inside you see the partial die-cut.


For the front, I used my Martha Stewart Lace punch on gold foil patterned paper from Kaiser as well as black card stock on the inside. I topped the front of the card with some embellishments from the XO collection (more on that coming soon). 
I also added some red hearts where I thought they needed to be :)



Card 4- You and Me

In this tri-fold card, I glued the die-cut to the inside of the trifold and let it float in the other direction.






I love the twine look. Makes it really dreamy and gives it a hand made touch.


Here I used another 4"x6" card from the Captured Moments Be Mine card set.
 

Doesn't it just look great decorated on the inside?

Card 5- Remember this Forever

 Another tri-fold card- same technique, different card.





Here is a closer look at the 4"x6"card used on the inside.


I hope I have given you some ideas and inspired you to make cards of your own. I know sometimes you don't know what the heck to make but believe me when I tell you, if you pull out all your stuff and open up all your embellishment packs, things just magically start happening.
Its great! Its artistic and joyous and you feel so very proud of your accomplishments.
Do give it a go :)

Until next time, happy crafting.
xxAmira

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...