Monday, March 30, 2015

A Graphic 45 Easter Challenge

Hi everyone,

If you have been following us on the Aunty Vera and Friends Group, you will know that I challenged myself to create a shutter card using the Sweet Sentiments collection.

Here is the picture that sparked my challenge from the Graphic 45 site:


So to make one of these amazing cards, I used the template provided by G45 below.


I used 12" x 12" kraft-coloured card stock and cut it down to 9"x 9" and then lightly marked the areas that needed scoring & cutting to give you something that looked like this:


I then used my one and only sheet from the Sweet Sentiments Collection (2013). Where the images were too big to fit within a panel, I cut them in half and used them across 2 panels to give this sweet looking card which I am so proud of.



I then brought in a whole arsenal to add a little more embellishment to the piece. 

Here is a close-up of each panel:


I adore this one...I used a little bit of glitter and glossy accents to simulate a beautiful pearly shell on the easter egg.


Its hard to see here, but I also added a little bit of glitter to the lace of her dress and along her hat. I also added the bunny and grass (Impression Obsession Die).



Doilies and butterflies are perfect to frame the 2 sentiment panels


More glossy accents and glitter on the egg shell.


And here on the daisies.



Here it is, one more time..


Thank you so much for looking.
Happy crafting and have a blessed day wherever you are.
xx Amira


2 comments:

  1. Just beautiful. You have a good eye for detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful. You have a good eye for detail.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...