Monday, March 16, 2015

Shine Bright with Amira

Hi Crafty Friends!

Today we have another great post by Amira from Handmade in Oz. Amira has been playing with Kaisercraft's Shine Bright collection and has some fabulous cards to show us today.

Thank you Amira!
Aunty V :)




Hi Everyone,

Today I bring you a few cards I made with the new Shine Bright collection from Kaisercraft.
I fell in love with this collection the moment I laid eyes on it.
Why?
The color combination is striking!! Yellow and black?? 
ADORE!!

The use of the geometric patterns and shapes was very intriguing and very effective as a background layer and also as embellishments for borders and inside decoration of cards.
Let me show you what I mean.


Card 1- Smile like everything is going your way


This simple card uses an adorable card from the Glitzy Embellishment pack to add a smile to anyone who receives it. I used border pieces from the 6"x6" paper pad plus some pieces from the embellishment pack. I also found a smiley face from my stash to go perfectly with the sentiment of this card. The black and white twine matches perfectly with the colour scheme.

On the inside, I layered a 3"x4" Project Life card on top of the yellow and black papers and also used my Martha Stewart Lace Punch.



Card 2- Double Pocket Card: the best is still to come

I came across this easy tutorial which shows how to make this double pocket card.


I love the almost graffiti look of this card!!

Here is what the inside looks like.


And here is a closer look at the tags I made


For this card, I did use a combination of the 6"x6" paper pad as well as the 3"x4" Captured Moments Cards and the Shine Bright Embellishment pack. I just love how the paper co-ordinates beautifully together.


Card 3- Smile 

Here is another tutorial to make a different style of pocket card. A pocket on the front cover and one on the inside.




And here is a closer look at the tags I made.



Card 4- Leave a little sparkle 

For this card, I flipped the design....


...so that the double pockets are on the inside of the card.


Here is what it looks like with the tags in the pockets.


And here are the tags on their own.



Card 5- Mini Envelopes on a card

And lastly, I have been in love with mini envelopes lately and I decided to do a card with mini envelopes on the front and the Shine Bright colour scheme seemed the perfect papers to use.


I used a script embossing folder from Stampin' Up as the design in the background and then used my mini heart punch to create faux heart closures on each envelope. So cute!



And here is what the inside looks like. I added a cute little envelope here too!

I do hope you give Shine Bright a chance. You will LOVE the bold patterns and it might just inspire you to make new and different things as it inspired me.

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy crafting.
xxAmiraInOz










1 comment:

  1. If I keep looking at these blog posts I'll want all the paper collections. Lol. Love the shine bright collection, the tags you made are my favourite :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...