Tuesday, March 31, 2015

'Tis the season to be bunny

Our Easter week continues with some super cute bunny cards from our lovely friend - Amira from Handmade in Oz......



Hi everyone,

'Tis the Easter season for bunnies and boy, do I love bunnies! I used to have an adorable black otter mini lop whom I named Oreo. I loved that little fluff ball to bits. She looked like this.


We had her desexed and she used to be both an indoor and outdoor bunny before the kids came along...ahhh- the good ol' days.

Today, I want to show you a few cards I came up with using this adorable mini bunny rabbits die by Impression Obsession.



Card 1: May the Easter Bunny....

Please forgive my sense of humour on this one, but I was crafting late and when I craft late, I do strange things.



So this card reads a little like a story:

Bunny comes along and sees a basket,


Bunny stands up to look at whats in the basket...


Bunny kicks out all the eggs and nestles comfortably in the basket!



And here is the inside of the card:



Card 2: Some Bunny loves you




And this is the inside of the card:


Card 3: hello Easter

I really love the combination of pink /black / silver here. I also love the pierced look of the circle die-cuts. And I thought I would make the bunnies pink. Why not :)


For the sentiment, I stamped "hello" with black Archival Ink then added clear embossing powder and then set it to give it a nice embossed shiny texture. I then shaped it like a banner and inked the edges. The "easter" was made with MFT Upper and Lower case letters.


I loved using the Grand Alder Tree die by Memory Box with the thick silver card stock.


And here is the inside of the card:




Card 4:  Easter- Happy Holidays

I wanted to do a blue card to give a little bit of a boyish touch to the bunnies


I just had to add a Prima flower here. Look how pretty it looks!!!


I die-cut pale blue card stock with my tag die (Tim Holtz) and embossed it with a floral embossing folder and layered it on this beautiful blue flower paper from KaiserCraft's XO collection.


The sentiment is once again stamped with Black Archival Ink, clear embossed and heat set to give it a shine. This sentiment is from Graphic 45's Time to Flourish Stamp Set.


I finished off the tag with a double ribbon- a light blue and a royal blue. I really like the look it brings to the card.

Here is the inside :


And here is a closer look at that adorable little bunny sitting in his basket like a good boy!



So there you have it, one tiny little die of bunnies and so many ways to make cards with them.
I do hope you find inspiration here.

Thank you for stopping by,
xxAmira



2 comments:

  1. A wonderfully cute set of Easter cards Amira. I like your quirky sense of humour. I also like how you treat the inside of your cards-the fun doesn't just stop on the front of the card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan..I love making you smile !! xxA

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...