Friday, April 17, 2015

9 dresses & All That Glitters

Happy Friday friends!

To get the weekend started, I sent a new die to Amira in our R&D Department to see what she would come up with. And as always, she didn't disappoint! 

Enjoy!
Aunty V :)



Hi Everyone,

I have been having a LOT of fun with this adorable Wedding die set by Impression Obsession.




The first thing I'll say is that as soon as you get it, all the pieces are joined together and you need to cut them using a wire cutter. You then have 5 pieces that could get lost very easily! So what I did was ran double sided tape across the back of the board, placed the dies down (cutting blades up) and then sealed down the double sided sticky tape so that you could easily slide it in and out of the plastic packet without sticking each time.




For this project, I wanted to do heaps of different styles of dresses and instead of making that many cards, I decided to make a pocket letter. Not familiar with pocket letters? A very clever lady named Janette Lane came up with them and you can find out more about them here. You can also join the Facebook group here (its crazy there, they have over 3000 members and growing daily).

So since this is a wedding die set, I die-cut 9 dressed out of 200gram white card stock. The size is approximately 2.25" x 2.75".


And from that, I turned it into this:


This is a pocket letter. It's basically a trading card protector sleeve that kids put their footy card into. But I think this is a much nicer way of using it.

For the background, I used the All That Glitters paper collection from Kaisercraft as well as the embellishment pack. For the dresses, I various embossing folders I had in my stash to make them all different. 

Here's a closer look at each one:











And here is it one more time all together:


So you will notice that for some of the dresses, I decided to colour co-ordinate the hanger with the color of the sash of the dress. But for others, I decided to create a bride. 

To do that, I cut the bride out of the same card stock:



And then I coloured her in using my Kaiser Fusion alcohol markers.


You can always do a colour swatch on the side of the paper you are using to see if you like how it turns out. Remember, start light, you can always reapply a second layer if you need to.


I wasn't done playing with this die-set yet. And it doesn't have to be limited to a wedding dress!!

So I decided to make more pretty dresses in the back. This is how the back turned out:




For the back, I decided to use one of the 12" x 12" Pink Ombre effect scrapbooking pages from the All That Glitters collection as the background and then added some borders and stickers from the All That Glitters Stick Sheet. I then used the 6.5"x 6.5" All That Glitters Paper Pad to die-cut the dresses out of.

Here's a closer look:










So there you have it, 2 pretty pocket letters, 2 very different ways of using the die-cut set and the Kaiser Craft Collection.

Here is another look:



I hope this has inspired you. I would love it if you would comment below and let me know which of the squares you love the most.

Happy crafting,
xxAmiraInOz











4 comments:

  1. Amira, as usual your tutorial is beautiful. This project is something that I love a lot. I have looked at this die set for a while, knowing I have wedding cards to make, yet not wanting to go down this track of wedding dress style. However, now I have seen this, my mind is thinking of the other uses, as you have done. I can't choose one I like the best, I love them all. The list of to do projects is growing ever big. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darling Jan..thank you so much for your thoughts and kind words. Happy to be the one to get you rolling ..Much love, xxAmira

      Delete
  2. Hi Amira :) how clever and creative! I just love these pockets. My favorites would have to be the ones with the wings :) x Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amira :) how clever and creative! I just love these pockets. My favorites would have to be the ones with the wings :) x Kerry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...