Saturday, May 9, 2015

A Prima Mom

Hi everyone! I hope all the Mums out there are enjoying their Mother's Day weekend. Hope you are being spoiled and spending some time doing the things you love.

Today our Team Designer Amira has some special Mother's Day crafting for us. And in true Amira style, she's going outside the box and giving her stamps a sex change! Intrigued? Read on......

Aunty Vera :)






Happy Mother's Day one and all,

Personally, I live my life like everyday is Mother's Day. I speak to my mom almost everyday. I bring something small to her house every time I go to visit, whether it be milk, a flower from my garden, or something I have baked. And I make sure that she knows I love her everyday. On the flip side, I am also a mother. So I tell my children that I love them everyday and try to spend a little bit of quality time with each one of them doing the things they love to do.

But why not engage in a good cause when a good cause comes along. I wanted to share with you something I made for my own mom for Mother's Day.

I got this adorable Prima stamp a few weeks ago and I have been dying to pull it out to play with it and for mother's day I thought it would be perfect to put a little twist on it to make it all the more special. The Prima stamp in question is this one.




Meet Aidan whom Prima has released as a male stamp. But I thought to myself, does it really have to be a boy? Can it not be made into a girl? This was THE challenge.



So the first thing I went about doing was dressing them up in "mom" clothes. This technique is one of my favourites and its commonly known as paper piecing.



Next, I experimented with some feminine features and expressions. I think they work because my mom has ALWAYS had short hair. Plus, it makes me think of Kate plus 8!!!

This is what I came up with:


I love this mom. She is hippy with her purple hair and her mole!!


I love how the hair turned out on this mom!!


I swear my mom used to have a flower shirt JUST like this!!!


Love the 80's flower pants!!


This mom is my favourite!!! Her hair turned out great and her outfit is great. Im really happy with her!!

So, I think you CAN use the boy stamps as girls!! Myth busted!!! Stay tuned to see what I do with these moms in the near future.

And now for the reveal!!


This is the card I made for my mom for Mother's day!!



My mom used have pyjama's just like these heart ones when I was growing up :)





A Prima Mom needs a Prima Flower!!



So, my card is actually a tag-card hybrid. Tard? No! That won't work. Cag? Oh goodness no!!
Lets just call it a Tag/Card Hybrid. This is it:


Its dimensions are 4" x 8.5" ( I can hear some of you asking already). I used a 12"x12" paper and scored it every 4", then cut at 8.5" on one long side, leaving the other side scored and at 12".


Here, I used die-cut elements from the Oh So Lovely Embellishment Pack by KaiserCraft.


And this paper is from Antique Bazaar by KaiserCraft.




I can't wait to give this CAG.... no.... TARD...NO!...THING to Mom for Mother's Day. 
I'll let you know how it goes!! 

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I hope you have found inspiration here. Until next time...

Happy Crafting..

xxAmiraInOz

2 comments:

  1. Wow. You have really impressed me with these fantastic pieces. I love the way you turned the boy stamp into a trendy mum stamp and the colouring and paper piercing is spot on. I love it. The tag card is exceptional. I really want to make one similar. How did you join the tags together?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. You have really impressed me with these fantastic pieces. I love the way you turned the boy stamp into a trendy mum stamp and the colouring and paper piercing is spot on. I love it. The tag card is exceptional. I really want to make one similar. How did you join the tags together?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...