Saturday, November 21, 2015

Paper Armoires and Prima Dolls

Hi Crafty Bloggers!

It's the weekend so let's do something special. How about a Fashion Show?
Sounds like a job for Amira! ...........



Dear Reader,

I recently discover these Julie Nutting doll stamps and joined the Facebook group and have been inspired to start making these gorgeous dolls. One of the stamps I have is Taylor. I have been stamping Taylor and paper piecing her while we watch TV in the evenings.


Then I went looking online for something extraordinary to do with her.
 I happened across this tutorial while I was bored one day and I knew I had to give it a go.
 Fantastic!! 
There is something to be said about creating something from paper.

You must give it a go. Look what I created.


Its a paper armoire.

Here is the side view....



It's a 2 part project. A box and frame to go on top. Check out the tutorial to see how it's made.

Here is another I created.




These are the undecorated models. The one of the left has buttons to represent the knobs on the drawer.

Take a look at how I decorated mine


I love how this turned out. I had an old orange Kaisercraft paper that went very well with the orange outfit my Prima doll was wearing.

So lets start at the top,

Here she is: outfit is paper pieced and her flesh and hair is coloured in with Kaisercraft Fusion markers. Notice the discolouration from where the glue around her bandana leaked into the alcohol from the markers...oh well.

Next, here is her whole body with the lattice die-cut behind her. I think the gold compliments the orange.
I also love the words peaking in from behind the lattice.




The piece on the inside is a cut-apart from Graphic 45's Typography collection.
Thought it was very appropriate to use it with these girl stamps.



Next her shoes.

And I love this quote. I found it among my stash.


Are you singing "that 60's" Beatles song like I am?

Next, I love how the butterfly gently takes your eyes back up the card to the bird cage.



And finally, these flowers are from the floral Bella! range.


Here is the back, pretty simple.




 You guys know me by now. I never just make one. Here is the next one I made.




Love these Sizzix frameworks die-cuts. 
This one is honeycomb.
I heat embossed them with clear embossing powder and put a layer of Biscotti perfect pearls to make them sparkle.




 Once again, this is a cut-apart quote from G45's Typography range.
SO appropriate here...


In the corner, I mademy own flower using KaiserCrafts Floral Die set.
And I added more Bella! Flowers around it.

  


 Here is a look at the top of the armoire. You know how some of the ones from the old days had carvings in the centre!

I heat embossed a wooden veneer butterfly and once again added Perfect Pearls in the final layer to make it shine like this and give a marbled look.


Here is my last one..

Perhaps my most favourite.


I love the vintage feel of the paper with the pink wrap in her skirt and the pink flowers.



I love the idea of using buttons as flower centres!



And this quote, once again from G45 Typography.


I love her feather top and her heart wrap.
Tsk..should have been a couture expert *lol*...


There is a little row of pearls along the bottom there which compliment the buttons. Did you see how my buttons all don't match. Years ago, this would have irked me. Now I give in to the crazy crafting of going with whats on hand.

Now, onto this GORGEOUS FLOWER!! 
I love it so much. It really compliments the piece so well.


It is from the Bella! Floral range and it looks like this.



Love how the flower trail leads the eye back up to the top of the card again.


Has such a nice flow.

And finally, look inside the armoire. 
It is a little scene. 
Like maybe she is going out for a walk and has passed by a grand alder tree and a silver fence and she is happy surrounded by pink flowers.


Here they all are together.


Looks good..if I do say so myself.
So glad I found that tutorial.
Which one is your favourite?
xxAmiraInOz


How special was that?! Thank you so much Amira!

And MY favourite? Sorry Amira, I can't choose........ I just love love LOvE them all!
Aunty Vera :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...