Saturday, December 26, 2015

Step Up and Sail Away in 2016

Hello Crafty Friends and Happy Boxing Day! Since today is the start of the great Sydney to Hobart yacht race, I thought it was fitting that Team Designer Amira join us with her nautical themed cards. Hop aboard and check them out.......






Sailing, sailing,
Over the bounding main,
For many a stormy wind shall blow
Ere Jack comes home again,

Hi crafty readers!

I am in total nautical LaLa-Land as I bring you Kaiercraft's new collection "Sail Away". 

I live 800m by the beach and I love everything about the beach: the sand, the salt, the sun, the ocean.

So channeling my inner beach soul, I sat down to create a step card using this gorgeous colour scheme and came up with this card:



Along with Kaisercraft's new Sail Away Collection, I also used Julie Nutting's Boy Doll Stamp Aidan to make this step card.

What is a step card you ask?

Well this is what it looks like in skeletal form:


You can find the tutorial I used on how to make it here.

Here are some close-ups for you to admire. I used a combination of the 6x6 paper pad as well as the collectables.

















I had SO MUCH fun making these I wanted to continue with the nautical theme and what better than Julie Nutting's very own Sea Sallie Mermaid.




Here is the Mermaid Step Card in all it's glory


Here she is getting "ready for the party".
I used Liquid pearls on her tail to produce a shiny scaly appearance and I coloured her skin and hair with Kaiser Fusion markers.


She is so pretty. Im so happy to have her in my collection. 


I also used Liquid Pearls for her bikini top. Is that a heart shaped ni**le??


Love how her fins turned out against the star fish and the sea horse.


Here is a side-view of the step card




LOVE! the light house. Will have to go back and get the lighthouse die I think.


Kind of loving the ship setting sail in the back too!! Does the ship come in a die too??


I left the tag blank. A perfect place to personalise the card once it's ready to send.




That seahorse is adorable!!




And here are both cards side by side:


This was my first time ever making step cards and I must say it was EASY and very addictive.
I hope you get a chance to give it a try.
And please tag me when you do, or join our Facebook group and show us your craftiness.
Until my next post, I hope you set sail towards a fantastic journey in 2016.
All my love,
AmiraInOz


Thank you Amira! I have to say I love love LOvE the Sail Away collection. Teaming it up with Julie Nutting's Doll Stamps is absolute genius! Your cards are both just gorgeous!!
Aunty Vera :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...