Saturday, January 9, 2016

Sail Away with a Handmade Travelers Log Book

Hello Crafty Bloggers - and Happy Weekend!

The first month of the year is always an exciting one as we look forwards to the coming months, make plans and resolutions, and organise the many parts of our lives.
Today Team Designer Amira has a very appropriate project.... not only because she has been making travel log books, but also because her chosen collection is Kaisercraft's Sail Away - so perfect for January in Australia when we love to spend summer by the sea.

Enjoy!!



Hello Crafty Readers, 

I am back to show you what I have been making with Kaisercrafts new collection "Sail Away".
It only seemed appropriate to construct a travelers log book worthy for a sailor going away on an adventure.




The first one I made was this one with the gorgeous bounty ship using the 12"x12" paper called Ship.

Isn't it just breathtaking!!


Here is what the side looks like (excuse the twisted elastic! I must re-string that perfectly!)


And the back:



Here is a closer look at the embellishment on the front cover:



Here I used the strip on the bottom of one of the 12"x12" papers and one of the die-cuts from the 6.5"x6.5" paper pad. The charm is one I had in my stash from ages ago.


And for this one, I popped the cut-apart on foam tape and wrapped twine around it to give it an interesting pop of red.

When you open it up, this is what it looks like:



The first insert is a pocket card insert decorated with quotes from the 12"x12" page called Rope

The booklets I made myself using plain copy paper and kraft card stock. I then covered them with beautiful designs from the collection.










I had an amazing time making this and i really enjoyed the process.
So much so I made 2. 

Here is what the other one looked like:


Here is the spine, made of the gorgeous whitewash board paper out of the collection.


And the back. I left the back pretty simple for both books.


Here is a closer look at the embellishments on the front using cut a parts from the 6.5"x6.5" paper pad and the anchor die set.


And for the side, more cut-apart from the collections strategically placed.



Once you open it up, it gloriously looks like this (so proud of this one):


This file folder insert is put together using the Sail Away stamp set. Stay tuned for my next post where I will show you just how to utilise your stamps to make your paper collection go further when you have run out of the embellishments from the embellishment pack.


The inside of the file folder insert also contains slits so you can add anything you wish. Here I chose to put paper clips in them.


Love this handmade paper clip from the Sail Away stamp set. Stay tuned for my next post all about this!


The log book inserts in this book was decorated differently.
Here is a display of the gorgeous collection that is Sail Away.




I found the tutorial for making this lovely book here.

I also shared this project on my YT channel here:


So there you have it, 2 gorgeous travellers log books to use for any occasion.


Thank you so much for stopping by and for watching.
I hope you enjoyed this project and I hope you found some inspiration here.
Till next time, happy crafting.
xxAmiraInOz


Thank you Amira!! I totally LOVE these....I can't even pick a favourite. SO beautiful!!
Aunty Vera :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...