Thursday, March 17, 2016

Anchors Away - Coastal Escape Cards and more

Hello Crafty Bloggers!
As summer starts to loosen its tight grip on us all down here in Oz, here is some more great summertime crafting from Amira. Enjoy!



Hello everybody,

I'm back again with more hand made cards and ATC's inspired by Kaisercraft's Coastal Escape Collection.

For this project, I wanted to use the embossing folder "Anchors".



For my Bon Voyage Card:

I created a background on water color paper using water colors - a dreamy combination of blue and green.



Once dry, I put it through my Big Shot with the embossing folder.

From there, I went ahead and added different elements using the ephemera package from the Coastal Escape collection as well as this awesome 12 x 12 Die-cut Woven.


I then went ahead and layered on the ephemera as well as some hessian which I had as a remnant from a previous project. I love how it turned out









2- Take me to the Sea

With this card, I used blue patterned paper from my stock and once again ran it through the Big Shot with my Anchors embossing folder. I loved the effect it made because the anchors looked like they were distressed and gave a really textured effect to the background.


Once again, a little layering and the use of borders from the tear away papers in the 6.5" x 6.5"
 paper pad made this a very simple card to design.


Love the fringed hessian here. Almost like it's flowing along with the sea-horse.



3- Fun in the Sun

I made this card in landscape mode just for a little something different. 
Here I used canvas paper which I applied water color to and once again layered it with ephemera from the collection.




Love it!
Like it's a beach sign on a beach shack.


Here are all the cards side by side



Now for an extra added goodness, I made ATC's to go with each of these cards.











Life's a beach

Life is Better at the Beach

Salt in the Air


So here they all are:



Now, the question is: which ATC to pair with which card????

Decisions, decisions :)

I did a quick project share on Youtube here:

Thank you so much for stopping by..
xx  AmiraInOz


Thank you Amira! These are brilliant!
I especially love your incorporating the hessian for a real beachy feel.
Aunty Vera :)


1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! someone's been a bit busy your cards are fantastic andyour layering... I to love the Hessian, alot of our beaches have it to protect sand erosion and the sand type plants.. well done AmiraπŸ˜†πŸ˜‰πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...