Sunday, April 10, 2016

Aunty Vera's Kitchen - HomeMade Sausage Rolls to feed the (scout) army

Hello everyone and welcome to another installment of Aunty Vera's Kitchen.
Today Amira is wearing the apron.... and cooking us a treat!.......


Hello hungry readers :)

It was the end of term party for my son's scouts on Wednesday and the dreaded request was made: Can each parent please send a plate of food to share with the scouts.

GRUMBLE! 
STOMP!
SWEAR!
TANTRUM!
CONIPTION!

Sorry, all good now :)

Now I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND why most parents just send a bag of chips, pack of Tim Tams and feel like they have obeyed the call BUT!! if you know me, you know that this is when you can SHINE as the star of the night when you put in just a little effort.

So I did!
I made sausage rolls!!
Homemade sausage rolls no less :)

And you know what, it is really really easy to throw together.

Step 1:

Pull out your frozen pastry and allow to defrost



(Don't judge me for not making homemade pastry- that would just be showing off!!)

Step 2:

Spice up your mince.
My go to spices are fresh minced garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, cumin and a dash of cinnamon :)



For herbs, I went out to my garden and grabbed a handful of home grown parsley




Look at my baby, isn't she a star!!

Step 3:

Cut your pastry sheet in half


And add your mince down the middle




Cover with the other half and pinch the edges down with a fork



Step 5:

Add a little egg wash




And bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 170 C.
(I like to cut my portions now so that the pastry doesn't flake and fall off when cut later)


Now for my dilemma!!

I didn't take an after shot!!
We were so short on time, running super late and still needed to pick up the scout who car-pools with us that I forgot to take the all important after shot!!

Plus, he came home with an empty plate so I couldn't even take a left over shot either!!

I promise to update you with a pic as soon as I make the next batch.
Heard so much grumbling from the rest of the house as to why I don't "make yummy things like this for us all the time".

Why indeed :)

Thank you so much for stopping by Aunty Vera's Kitchen
xxAmiraInOz











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...