Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Thank you 2016 Design Team - a Kori Kumi Adventure

Hello Crafty Friends! Well, the end of November is here and before we head into our Christmas Craft December blog series, I wanted to say a big thank you to our 2016 Design Team. These ladies work hard all year creating amazing projects to delight and inspire us, so as the year comes to an end let's give them a huge round of applause as they share their end of year projects featuring the new Kori Kumi collection..........







Hi everyone!! Amira here. I am SUPER excited to show you my final design team project for 2016.
We go out with a bang with this sweet and whimsical Kori Kumi collection by Santoro.
Imagine my delight when I opened up my package to see this!!!


I received a package of 8 memory pockets, a hearts embossing folder and this sweet girl on a bike stamp. It didn't take me long at all to know what I was going to make with my goodies.
Oh and if you are wondering why the stamp and the embossing folder are not packaged, its because the packaging was so cute that I used it!
Stay tuned to see what I made.

But first the stamp!!



Love how well this stamps out :)

Project #1- Cards


Card #1 " Best Friends" - Heat Embossed Flower & Watercolour Background


For this card, I used my Prima watercolors to create a watercolor background which I originally heat embossed with clear embossing powder so that it creates a resist background. Then I fussy cut around the image and added a wooden embellishment and the sentiment "Best Friends" which is highly appropriate for this cute duo :)


Card #2 "Today is So Great" - Layered Lace & embossed hearts background 


I chose a pink and yellow color scheme here to evoke a soft and innocent imagery. I love how the embossing folder created this adorable heart background and it layered very nicely with the soft mottled colors of the patterned paper and the lace ribbon. I chose to leave the background behind her white and bright.

Card #3- "Summertime" Watercolor sky background


I started this card with a red bike! From there I coloured in the girl and her companion next (with Prima watercolour) and then decided to do a soft watercolour wash in the background around the focal image. I also created clouds in the top right hand corner although I suspect it is overshadowed by the white doily. I also layered with this red circle scribble die-cut (from the Sizzix Thinlet Die set - Scribbles and Splat) and embellished it with a metal bicycle charm to match. The sentiment is a stamp from the stamp-set.

Card #4- "Especially for you" Layered Scribble Card


I just adore the look of horizontal black and white stripes on the red card base here. I wanted to make an all occasions card that could be used whenever I needed to gift a card to a friend at short notice. I gave the happy duo a red bike again and coloured in the background around them. I then layered that card front on a pink card to which I distressed the edges of. I placed a doily as an extra later underneath that before mounting them onto the striped background.
I used 2 more of the die-cuts from the Sizzix Thinnest collection (there are 4 designs in total) and I die-cut them out of colors red and black to accent the colors I have used in the card. For the sentiment, I used an "Especially For You" gold plaque mounted on foam squares which I obtained from the local $2 store in my area. Back twine ties it all up nicely :)


Project #2- Upcycled Packaging

In my opinion, Santoro makes the loveliest packaging for their products. We saw this with the Gorjuss range and Kori Kumi is no exception. Look at the packaging that the embossing folder came in.


So you can't blame me for cutting it up and using it to cover the front of a journal insert for my traveller's notebook!! Look how cute it turned out!!

Travellers Notebook #1 - We Go Good Together


For this notebook, I matted the packaging onto craft card card stock that was twice as wide and then scored it down the centre so that it folded into a front and back cover. I then scored 10 A4 graph paper in half and stapled them into the centre of the notebook. Very easy :)


For the front, I added black lace along the spine, an XOXO die-cut, and a layered black and red heart/mesh cluster with a very cute bear looking just as cute as the bunny companion in the stamp. The sentiment is very appropriate here and the red paper clip (which acts as the closure here) is the cherry on top :) 
I adore how this turned out!! 
P.S. This little piece on the inside cover was the ONLY scrap left from the packaging so I decided to incorporate it into the front page for a 100% recycling record :)

This is the packaging for the stamp.


And once again, I could not resist using it to make this journal cover.




I did pretty much the same thing here but used a felt ribbon for the spine instead. Also, the wooden embellishment is a button and a girl this time (SO CUTE!). I found this "obsessed" piece of chipboard amongst my stash which pretty much described how I felt about this collection.



I even used the top strip of the stamp set to create this unique closure that is glued to the front but wraps around to the back and is held in place with a bull dog clip.


Here is how I chose to mat the inside of the notebook.


Look at these gorgeous 2 new notebook inserts for 2017!! YAY!!!
Handmade ROCKS!




Project #3- Tags for Memory Pockets

So the memory pockets are the cutest things EVER! They come in 4 designs- 2 of each. Look at this cuteness!!!


Here they are - back & front for more viewing pleasure.



My dilemma here was I just COULD NOT tape them down onto cards or inside notebooks because you would be hiding either the front or the back which are just so beautiful.

So I decided to make tags to go IN the memory pockets.

Tag #1- XOXO Kori Kumi



This tag was created from scratch. I used a file folder and cut it down to the size of the memory pocket and angled the top corners. I then stamped out the image, coloured it in and fussy cut it out adhering it to the tag. I used the cloud stamp here too (which has Kori Kumi stamped inside it but if that bothered you, you could cut that out of the clear stamp with a blade). 
I used my Fiskars grass punch to create grass in 2 shades of green and I topped it with an XOXO punch embellishment. This tag was perfect for this memory pocket bike scene.



Tag #2- Hello 

For this tag, I embossed white card stock and cut it down to size and once again angled the corners
Look how beautifully the embossing folder makes that background 💕


I had the top strip from the packaging of the embossing folder and so cut it down to size so that the girl was the focal image. I love how the heart in her background, floats off into the embossed heart background. It's just magical!
I then cut 2 more tags in black and red and layered them behind here and then added the hello sentiment from my stash. This tag went perfectly with this memory pocket.

Tag #3- Documented
This last tag also incorporates a left over from the stamp packaging - this time the little companion bunny. Once again, I embossed red card stock (cant get enough of that embossing folder!) and layered another tag behind this cute little guy and added a sentiment from my stash and an arrow (Get it? Heart & Arrow? It's the subtle additions that give me so much joy).


This guy went VERY well with this memory pocket!!

And here are all the tags together with their pockets!!


Wouldn't this make an excellent gift for a beloved friend?


Project #4- Memory Pocket Mini-Album

Remember I said earlier that I had the dilemma of not wanting to tape down any side because both the front and back were just as pretty. Well, I decided to create this little memory album.



To create the mini cover, I traced a memory pocket onto strong card board and then flipped it over and continued tracing until 2 outlines were formed. I then fussy cut this shape out.
I also traced the scalloped shape on to water color paper for the front of the cover only.




The memory pockets are bound together with clear magic tape and then held inside the mini album cover with 2 yellow elastic bands.

To decorate the water color paper front of the mini album, I used my Dylusions mixed media ink palette colors Bubble Gum Pink, Calypso Teal and Dirty Martini on an acrylic block and then used my water color brush to create horizontal watercolour bands.
I then added 3 more colors from my distress ink range (red, purple and yellow) to create a rainbow pattern (sort of).
Finally, I used the "Summertime" stamp sentiment and stamped it using each of the 3 Dylusions colors in their corresponding band. I love that fresh watercolour summer look!


So here's a look at all my projects together one more time :)


Seriously had the BEST time coming up with all these projects.
For another look, check out my Youtube Vlog
I hope you have found inspiration here.
xxAmira







Hi everyone - Leanne here. Here is the package I received.....


The 'Apple a Day' stamp and  cute co-ordinating apple embossing folder, and a 3D Decoupage Pack with sheets from all 4 Kori Kumi launch designs.

I really like the apple embossing folder!



I was pretty happy with how this card turned out using the 3D decoupage sheet and the addition of fine leafy bits.




The Happy Birthday sentiment on this card is from a Kaisercraft die. I also added some dots of Liquid Pearls on her hat and apron to add some sparkle and dimension




This tag uses one of the 3D decoupage girls and a glitter card background for some added sparkle


   



And here are all my cards and tag together....



Leanne :) 





Hi everyone! It's Sarah here. Here is my Kori Kumi package.....



  The 'Blowing Kisses' stamp set, hearts embossing folder and Memory Pockets.


For my first project I combined watercolours with the Kori Kumi products to make a project life page.



To begin with  I used two different watercolour techniques to make embossed backgrounds - one is the pink watercolour background on what I call the ‘it’s raining love’ insert, and the other features single pink watercolour hearts, outlined in black on green cardstock. 




For the other cards I used the actual packaging from the stamps! Santoro products come so beautifully packaged and they really do encourage you to use everything in the packet. The green dandelion background worked perfectly with the theme. 
You can see how I heat embossed the words ‘me and you’ on one sleeve, and matted a stamped title on the other. 



I then had fun watercoloring the gorgeous stamps on either side of the page, and sent heart shaped rhinestones floating across the page so that they’re ‘blowing kisses’ to each other.





 Finally I utilised the pocket embellishments! I cut the top off one pocket and put it inside a sleeve - a ‘pocket inside a pocket’. I then made an insert for a journal spot, added some photos and called my page done! 





After finishing the project life page I looked over the other pocket embellishments and thought ‘what else can I do with these?’. Why a mini album of course! These envelopes are so cute on their own that they really don’t need any embellishment. 
So I chose one of each design and this time stuck the tops of the pockets inside each one. I then punched holes in the side and made some covers by embossing pink card stock with the heart embossing folder.



 I stamped the same images as before, but used copic markers to colour them instead. I added some flowers and bling from my stash, made some embossed tags and bound it with some D-rings - how easy is that?! 


This cute little book would be great as a brag book with a few photos and some journalling, or it could be sent to someone with a letter and some goodies like washi tape samples or stickers. How cute!


I really had fun playing with these new products!





Again - a HUGE thank you to my lovely Design Team 2016. It's been a very 'eventful' year and you ladies have kept the ball rolling for me and have brightened my every day with your gorgeous creations, enthusiasm and love of your craft.


Dear readers... please leave  fabulous comments below... let these ladies know how much we love them!
Aunty Vera xx 

6 comments:

  1. Wow amirA
    You are so inspiring and so very very clever
    Looks like you had great fun making all that fabulous stuff
    An amazing effort
    Well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layering and the fun of them....leanne
    Looks like you had fun too
    Great work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah and Leanne!! You ladies ROCK!! Your projects are so super. I love how we are all so creatively different. Love you girls xxA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layering and the fun of them....leanne
    Looks like you had fun too
    Great work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah.you have a really unique style
    And i love the positiveness of yr work
    Its always fun.and often different
    Well done

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow ladies! What an amazing collection of beautiful projects, you certainly have all been very busy, awesome post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...