Friday, January 13, 2017

1 Kit - 5 Cards: Simple Stories HAPPY NEW YEAR - Amira's January Project #2

Hello Crafty Friends and Happy Friday!

Our new kits are so full of crafty goodness that you can use them to create a whole bunch of different projects, depending on where the mood (and occasion) takes you.
Amira shared her mixed media page 'Kiss Me At Midnight' with us last week, and today she has a fabulous set of New Year themed cards for us.
Enjoy!!





Hello Readers,
Welcome back to Project #2 for Aunty Vera's January Kit.

I love cards and the process of card making is both soothing and helping to use up my ever increasing crafting supplies!!

When I opened this month's kit, I KNEW I had to make New Years cards using the gorgeous paper collection Happy New Year by Simple Stories!!

Here are the elements I used out of Aunty Vera's January Kit


Recollections Flowers
Prima Flowers
Prima Trim
Simple Stories Paper Collection
Cheery Lynn Shaker Embellishments

So lets get started!!

Card 1- Happy New Year 


I have this OLD OLD stamp set I got off a magazine once which I knew I wanted to use in conjunction with this theme.



These girls look like they are dressed to party!!

So I coloured in the girl with the long evening dress using my watercolours


And I used this brilliant BRILLIANT Scotch adhesive that Aunty Vera sent me to road test!
It's brilliant!



I attached a flower on the side of her head.



Also added some trim along the side of her dress.
And experimented with placement of flowers.









A doily in the background always makes things so much more beautiful. 
Don't you agree?


And here is the whole card.



Really love how it turned out.


Card 2- Pop, Fizz, Clink.


This card is a bit of an experimentation!


The name on the cut apart card gave me the idea.
I used the little Cheery Lynn champagne glasses embellishments to accentuate the sentiment and decided to suspend them in Nuvo Jewel Drops.



I was working on a VERY hot day and the Nuvo just oozed out of the bottle instead of retaining a 3D
shape.

I also added a cluster of flowers in the top right hand corner along with an accompanying sentiment


You are going to have to tell me if this looks good or looks messy!


Card 3- Cheers To The New Year 


So after the "malfunction" of the previous card during a very hot crafting day, I decided to try again with the Nuvo and the shaker embellishments.


I lined up my glasses on a cool night and carefully added a drop of Nuvo to the affix each one down. 


It looks like one champagne glass is missing!
Shhh!!
  Try not to look at the empty square please!

I thought this sticker went well with the champagne glasses too, so I added it to the bottom right hand  corner.



It turned out pretty well and it is a cool texture when you run your fingers over the card.

 Now, I did think my Prima girl looked a bit plain there so I pulled out some ribbon and used one of the trim pieces to give her a belt buckle.



It really dresses her up :)







Card 4- This Year 


This one is more of a notecard. 
It only measures 3" x 4" and was sized for this cute little Gorjuss stamp. 


I have always loved this girl but never knew how to use her until today. It kind of just clicked. She is a party girl so can be used for birthdays and celebrations.


This card came along very quickly. 


The sticker sheet made is REALLY easy to add fun elements!

Card 5- This Is Your Year To Sparkle


This card is my desk decorator!

I made it into an easel type card and it will sit on my desk as a vision board/motivational quote.



Once again, the stickers helped me build this card up.
After I added the cut apart, I chose 2 of my little Gorjuss stamps to place on either side of the sentiment.


Then I added a speech bubble for each girl. Isn't she just cheeky asking for a kiss!


If you look closer at this little girl, you can see the shine of the Nuvo that I added to her dress. It looks really good in real life and adds such dimension. 





Love the banner sticker here too!


Really dresses up that corner.


So here they all are :)



 5 cards made from Aunty Vera's January's Kit.

Happy New Year Everyone :)

xxAmiraInOz


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...