Tuesday, January 3, 2017

KISS ME AT MIDNIGHT - Amira's January Kit Mixed Media Project

Hello Happy Crafters!
We're having such a great week with the introduction of our new January Kit...... now here comes the fun bit....... seeing what our Creative Team dreamed up using the goodies in the kit. We'll be bringing you projects from each of our Team Members throughout January, so let's jump in and have some fun with our first Creative Team January Project.........





Happy New Year to all our friends old and new!!

Welcome to a fabulous New Year of art making and creative endeavours!! I am so so excited to share with you my first creation using Aunty Vera's January Kit. There are 4 in total. I will kick start off with my messiest project of them all - mixed media !!
I have lovingly called this art work Kiss me at Midnight! There is a little story behind this, but you will have to stick with me to the end to find it out. On with the show!!


Out of the kit, I chose these 3 products to play with.


Check out these items on Aunty Vera's website via the full kit HERE
Or Individually here:

WARNING!! ALERT!! WARNING!! ALERT!!
Cover your surface!
They are not called fireworks because they spray in a predictable formation. These babies are explosive and its the reason I love them!! Even after I protected my table, this is the fine mist that got away LOL


After (inadequate) protection, I pulled out my mixed media 225gsm paper and started having a play with the sprays. Oh the fun! I did get carried away playing with the different color combinations but I did stop every once in a while to take pictures.






I will advise you to spray on different types of papers. I tried watercolour paper and found that the colors differed greatly.


Here, the red soaked right into the watercolour paper (on the right) giving it an almost pink appearance. However, the dandelion stayed on top of the paper making it look almost gold-ish. Very unusual.

Next I tried spraying them on black card stock!


A totally different look again!! 
I was SO excited!!

Next, I played with the stencil.
The positive image.


And the negative image.


After much playing with not a thought about where this was going, I got an idea!!
And I went with it.


I pulled out my home made texture paste and applied that through the stencil to get THIS gorgeousness!!



I then applied some of the streamers from the Kaisercraft die using the black card stock I had sprayed earlier.


Next, I pulled out my large Prima Madeline stamp, coloured her in and fussy cut her.


She is the main focal point of my art work.
I also layered behind her with the cut apart from the paper included in the January Kit.

Next I used 2 other cut aparts, fussy cutting the clock as a die cut embellishment and the sentiment to go with it.



I distressed and inked the sentiment. Then I dripped more spray liquid all over the project because, well- just because :)
I really love this cluster element here *insert happy dance*

Finally, I added one extra bit of detail in the bottom corner of the page.





I felt it tied the Prima girl with the roses in her hair to the page a bit more.


And there you have it!
My mixed media art page!!



Now, as it so happens, I did film this whole process :)
Yay!!
So you can watch me do it all over again LOL.
And remember I said there was a little story to go with the title of this page, you will find it in the video.
Enjoy the process video here .


Thank you so much for dropping by.
Stay tuned for 3 more projects in January using the Aunty Vera January Kit
I hope you have found inspiration here.
Until then,
Happy Crafting.
xx AmiraInOz






2 comments:

  1. Looks great Amira! Ill go watch your video now! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sensational amira
    Love all the colours
    Great art

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...