Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Songs About Rainbows - Sue's Cute Decorated Paper Clips





Hi and welcome to another project using the gorgeous papers from the Crate Paper Magical Forest range.  When I saw the cut aparts and sticker sheet I knew I had to make some altered paper clips.  They can be used to decorate the mini hinged journal made previously, decorate a gift bag or simply as a page holder.  I hope you give them a try.   

The materials you will need are as follows;
Crate Paper – Magical Forest – Critters
Crate Paper – Magical Forest – Childhood
Crate Paper – Magical Forest – Willow (cut aparts)
Crate Paper – Magical Forest – Garden
Crate Paper – Magical Forest – Wild Flower
Crate Paper – Magical Forest 6 x 12 stickers
Crate Paper – Magical Forest Ephemera
A variety of paperclips.

To make the paper clips start with the basic construction.  Select the front base from either the cut-aparts or cut a piece of paper to the size you want.

 

The next step is to cut a backing piece the same size. I clip the front to the backing paper and trim it to fit. 

 
To attach the paperclip, slide the paper clip onto the backing paper with the larger side to the back, which leaves the smaller side to be glued in between the front and the back.  You can use either a strong glue (I use craft glue), double sided tape or a combination of the two.  I prefer to use a combination of the two so that I can place the glue around the paper clip.


 
Then stick the front onto the back.  The next step is to decorate the front using some of the stickers and ephemera pack. 
I have included some pictures to give you inspiration.  I also used some of the ephemera pack pieces as bases as they were large enough. 







 This is what the back will look like. 


 
I hope you give this little project a try.  They are really simple to make.

Thank you for checking out this project and remember the papers, stickers and ephemera packs are on sale this month.
For more details you can view my process video HERE.


Happy Crafting.
Sue.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...