Sunday, April 16, 2017

Aunty Vera's Kitchen.... Lindt Bunny Easter Cake 2017

Hello again Crafty Friends...... I hope you are all having a lovely Easter Weekend, however you may be spending it. And being the weekend, it's time for a special Easter edition of......



Let me firstly apologize for the quality of today's images....... the pics were taken during Crazy Busy Time and I had to resort to using my phone camera.

This year's Easter Cake is from the Lindt Chocolate website....... a gorgeous semolina and almond meal cake with chopped up Lindt chocolate mixed through it and drizzled with orange syrup and chocolate ganache and decorated with mini Lindt bunnies.....


 Problem number 1 .... oops! (that's our word of the month!).... I forgot to buy the Lindt Orange Intense chocolate block needed for the cake. Lucky I still had this chocolate in my stash that our good friend Tour Guide Ted sent to Bill (sshhhh... don't tell Bill that I used it all).....



Problem number 2....... having purchased 2 bags of Lindt mini bunnies you'd think I'd have plenty to decorate the cake right? WHAT THE...!!!!??!!!



Seems I purchased 2 bags of smashed bunnies!!!! Luckily there were 5 survivors (out of TWO WHOLE BAGS!) to decorate the cake!!

The pics don't show it well, but the cake has orange syrup poured over it before being decorated with the ganache and bunnies.....




Totally YUM despite the OOPS moments!


Happy Easter (again lol) from Aunty Vera and Team xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...