Sunday, September 20, 2020

My Island Home - Aussie scrapper 12x12 layout "My Own Aussie Property"

 





Hello, my dear crafty friends, it feels like forever since I did a layout for Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft.  Time at the moment is moving so fast but at the same time so slow.  When I found out that our theme for September was "My Island Home" my first reaction was to think about all the places I have visited in this beautiful county of ours but in the end, I decided to document my home.  I am so blessed to live on a lovely property surround by nature, a beautiful river and of course my own sheep, pets and family.
For this layout, I will be documenting my boy on this bike riding around the property.  When I first saw these papers from the Couture Creations "Sweeping Plains" collection I knew immediately that I wanted to scrap these photos.
I chose papers 6 and paper 8.  I will be using side B of paper 6 and this will be my background paper.


I trimmed my background paper (paper 6) by approximately 3mm on all 4 sides.  I took some brown cardstock from my stash and gutted the inside.  I used the inside piece to matt my photos and the outside to matt my paper.


My next step was a labour of love as I took paper 8 and I fussy cut the beautiful side borders out.  


Once again I looked at the "Sweeping Plains" papers and paper 11 caught my eye.  I chose the young and free cut out and once I cut it out I used my vintage photo distress ink to ink the edges but all to add a more rustic look to the paper.


I was lucky to get the "Sweeping Plains" ephemera pack as part of my core products so I picked out some of the gorgeous leaves to add to my layout.


Finally, I put all my bit and pieces together and I love what I have so far.


I really could not think of a title for this layout so in the end, I chose a new toy I bought from Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft.  I used my Tim Holtz Sizzix thinlits "tiny type upper and tiny type lower case" to make a statement at the bottom of my page and my layout was complete.  A clean, simple layout but I really like how well the photos and papers complement each other.


These beautiful paper and ephemera are on special for the month of September so feel free to click HERE and have some shopping fun!

Silvia xx 

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...