Sunday, September 6, 2020

My Island Home - Nat's Victor Harbour Scrapbook Page



Hi everyone 😃 Hope you are all safe and well!

Here is my first Creative Team project for September and the theme is "My Island Home".  This month's theme and papers had me thinking of what I love about this country I live in and I really wanted to pay homage to the greater times.

The papers we have to work with from the Couture Creations Sweeping Plains Collection are stunning and I decided to create a scrapbook page with this one to begin the month with and add memories of a wonderful day out at the beach with my children.

I used my craft knife to fussy cut the ends of the leaves on page 07 so I could lift them up to slip the "I call Australia Home" cutout underneath.

The cut-outs were taken from page 11.  I inked around the cut areas of the leaves with "Peeled Paint" Distress Oxide and the cut-outs with "Gathered Twig" Distress Ink.  I cut the page down approximately 5mm each side, inked the edges with the distress ink then backed it onto some brown cardstock.

After cutting down my photos to a size I was happy with, I inked the edges and backed them onto the brown cardstock using double sided tape then used my We R Memory Keepers - Layer Guide ruler to cut a 1/16" border around them.

I positioned the components where I found them aesthetically pleasing then used the double-sided tape to first adhere the photos, then the cut outs, slipping one under the leaves.  I used glue dots to partially adhere the leaves down.

I needed something to add to the bottom left corner and wanted some netting.  I tried a few ideas then decided the best method was to weave one using some string.  I tied five pieces together and held them with a clip to keep it still while I weaved the other pieces through these.  I folded the ends over the first and last pieces and glued them down.

I messily glued the 'net' to the page corner and cut the knot off.

To finish my page I found my long-forgotten stash of seashells that I had cleaned and lacquered with clear nail polish years ago and set about gluing them to the page using my Helmars 450 glue. I found a blue die-cut ticket which I inked and wrote the name of the beach we visited on.  This slipped nicely just under the top of the shell. 


I love how this page turned out - such a beautiful page to use my photos on and such great memories of a special day out in this wonderful country - my island home!

Happy crafting and stay safe,
Love Nat xxx 

Here is a process video of the construction of this page:


 Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft products on sale that I am using for the month of September are:

Couture Creations - Sweeping Plains Collection papers:

  - 01 (CO727968)

  - 02 (CO727969) 

  - 03 (CO727970)

  - 04 (CO727971)

  - 05 (CO727972) 

  - 06 (CO727973)

  - 07 (CO727974)

  - 08 (CO727975)

  - 09 (CO727976)

  - 10 (CO727977)

  - 11 (CO727978)

  - 12 (CO727979)

Couture Creations - Sweeping Plains Collection:

  - Die-cut Ephemera Set

  - Stamp and Die Set - Eucalyptus

  - Stamp and Die Set - Kookaburra

Couture Creations - Sunburnt Country Collection:

  - Acrylic Stamp - Protea

  - Acrylic Stamp - Warratah Postage Stamp

Ranger Distress Oxide Sprays:

  - Gathered Twigs

  - Bundled Sage

Kaisercraft Wooden Flourish Pack 

  - Native Breeze

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...