Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Dancing With The Beast - Donna's Box of Cards




Hi all,

Here we are again and this time I have a box full of cards using the 4 in x 4 in cut-aparts from 

the paper kit. I cut them down to fit on a 4 in x 4 in card base.. 

Theme:
Harry Potter v's Twilight  
'Dancing With The Beast'

Lets start with all our cut outs.


I sprayed Black Iridescent Spray on white cardstock to become the backing for the cut- apart's.
With all the cards, I used this as a background and placed a black doily underneath for interest.


Card 1. My favourite card . I fussy cut the books from a cut -apart and placed it on the card with 3D foam tape. I added a spiderweb and spider as it looked too bare. 


Inside of each card I place a different strip of paper and some washi tape just to make it look nice.


I liked this one so all I used was the Dimensional Magic and Kindy Glitz plus two pearls.


I used Dimensional Magic and Kindy Glitz on all the cards and this looks gorgeous in the light.


I struggled with this cut apart, so I punch out photo corners added a broom adhered with 3D foam tape and went around the wording with a chalk marker and a glitter clear pen. 


I am not a green person but have to be honest I really like this.. Simple but effective. Some Kindy Glitz and Dimensional Magic on the words with 4 tiny pearls and a spider with a green back. 


I drew a line around the middle section then added washi tape to the bottom. Using a shimmer pen to highlight all the wording makes it pop. ( though I have to be honest it does not show in any of these photos lol). Photo corners and a spider finishes the card.


I really like the simplicity of this one. A little washi tape on the top and bottom, kindy glitz and dimensional magic on the wording with a shimmer pen on the scroll with a black pearl and I just loved it. 


The only thing this cut apart needed was kindy glitz on the Magical word and the stars and two tiny red bling on the scroll work.


I fell in love with this quote and thought all it needed was some fussy cut books and some dimensional magic . A strip of washi tape on the sides and it was done.


I cut a box down and painted it with black paint.


I then angled the box using a stanley knife. I wanted to show the owl papers on the sides so I didn't 
place any embellishments on them. 


This cut apart matted on to black cardstock for the front was perfect. I added a hat and spider with 3D foam tape. Love this...


All four projects together..
My favourite was the Hermione card, I just adore this stamped image..


You can purchase the items HERE
and check out the facebook group to see everything the Creative Team will be creating 
throughout October. 

I hope I have inspired you
to create glorious things.
Hugs
Donna xx

My FaceBook page Donna's Fun Stuff HERE 
My Pinterest page Donmaree HERE
My Youtube Channel HERE
My Blog HERE
And don't to forget to say hi on Instagram donna.triffitt 

 Products are: 

Witches & Wizards Paper Collection - Echo Park Paper Co
Dimensional Magic - Mod Podge
Paper Doilies - Beetle Black - Doodlebug Design Inc
Harry Potter Washie Tape - Paper House -STWA-0051
Frightful Things - Tim Holtz Sizzix 
Black Soot Distress Ink - Tim Holtz
Kindy Glitz 
Black Iridescent Spray - Kaisercraft Mists 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...