Friday, November 3, 2017

My Crafty Friend - Suzanne's Card and Canvas Duo

Hello Crafty Friends!
November is our month to celebrate friendship and craft and today our Crafty Friend Suzanne creates a co-ordinating canvas and card duo that would bring a splash of happiness to any crafting space.....



Hello my craft friends.  I hope that you are all enjoying some beautiful weather and have had some time to do some crafting. The November kit called 'My Crafty Friend' is so lovely,  The papers from Julie Nutting are my favourite and paired with the beautiful prima flowers or the wonderful Stamping Bella uptown girl stamp, you just can't go wrong.

My first project this month is a card and canvas duo. 

The card is a 6 x 6 inch card.  I used the blue paper from the Julie Nutting paper pack and cut a hexagon from the centre.

The Card



 I stamped the gorgeous stamp from Stamping Bella called Abigail the Artist on some white cardstock.


 I coloured the image with my prisma colour pencils


 I die cut some small flowers and coloured them with some of my distress oxides that I mixed together to get the appropriate colours that matched the paper collection.


 Once I had coloured the image I attached it to the back of the hexagon and layered it onto the peachy pink coloured paper.


I then placed this on a light blue card base


I die cut three curved leaf/flower shapes


and placed these around the hexagon then added the flowers that I had made previously


From the sticker sheet that is in the kit, I used a 'create' banner and backed it onto some cardstock and cut around it.  I added some foam tape before adding it to the canvas.


 Also from the sticker sheet, I used the word imagination and placed it on some very small tags


I die cut four corner pieces and used some of my bling to place in each corner


Here is the finished card



 For the second part of this Crafty friend duo, I created the 7 x 9 inch canvas.

The Canvas

 On the canvas, I used some of the beautiful green paper from the November kit.


I distressed the edges


I used one of the 4 x 6 cut a parts from the paper pack and cut it down to about 5 x 4 inch.  I chose the 'Today I shall create" cut apart.


and layered it on the blue paper before popping it up on some foam tape before adding it to the canvas.


 I die cut some leafy flourishes


and used some of my flowers


This sticker is from the sticker sheet that is in the November kit. I layered it on some cardstock and foam tape before adding it to the canvas.


I die cut some scissors from blue glitter paper


and made a 'paper stack' from some paper scraps from the November kit


 The leafy flourishes are in the bottom right corner and the top left corner


 I used this cute sticker from the sticker sheet to add to the canvas


and these banner stickers


I added flowers to the leafy corner flourishes


 Here are some photographs of the finished canvas


 I also added a cute little heart rosette and bow and popped up the banner pieces with foam tape


Here is a photograph of the finished card and canvas duo


Thanks you for joining me my crafty friends.

You can see a quick video of my card and canvas duo HERE.

You can get the November 'My Crafty Friend' kit HERE.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...