Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Flashback to November - My Crafty Friend - Donna's Upcycled Frame

Hello Crafty Friends

It's time for a Flash Back.... to November. Remember our gorgeous My Crafty Friend kit? Today Donna pulls out what's left of her kit and upcycles a boring frame.... into a total work of art!!



Hi all, Well I loved the paper so much from the 2017 November kit that I decided to revisit and thought I would create something 'different'..

Again it is a recycled project but I fell in love with this frame and though I have to use it on this project..

A few items to assist me in changing this frame into a work of art.


 I chose a background paper then a quote for the bottom half.. I adhered two pieces of cotton lace to the top of the frame and a paper doily. Then a strip of washi tape just finsihed it nicely. I then sanded a little around the frame and rubbed with my finger some Inka Gold - Cobalt Blue in places.


I added the banners from the sticker sheet in the kit then a strip of ribbon on the top. A flower in the bottom corner and a chipboard dress form to finish (or so I thought).


 I covered the dress form chipboard with distress ink, rubbed some liquid pearls on top, a splash of Inka- Gold and some fine seed beads to finish it off. A sewing machine embellishment and nearly done.


I stood back and looked at it and thought nope, needs something else so I rummaged around in a earlier kit and found a couple of feathers and thought yep that will do nicely in the flowers..


Using the pearl drops from the kit I coloured in the washi tape Loved how this turned out.
 

Some glitter of course (how can we craft without it).





 Finished project !!


Three projects together...  How elegant is this kit..



BUY Aunty Vera's November Kit HERE

November Monthly kit is sold out but the paper pack and most of the add ons are still available.

Postage is $9.00 anywhere in Aus.
For internationals, please email for accurate prices.

C O N T A C T:
info@auntyverascrapandcraft.com.au

 ................................

Please visit me on my blog  HERE and dont for get to say hi!!
or
on my FB page  HERE

I hope I have inspired you to create Glorious things..
Thank you for stopping by..
Hugs
DONNA xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...