Thursday, January 18, 2018

Explore 2018! - Sarah's Adventure Wall

Hello Crafty Friends!
Our January Kit is full of goodies to start off your year and explore everything 2018 has in store. And what better way to explore the year ahead than with an Adventure Wall!! Join Sarah as she creates this fun piece of home decor with plans for many adventures ahead!



Hi Everyone! Sarah here, excited to share my next project with you.

As soon as I saw the gorgeous Kori Kumi Memory Pockets in this month's kit, I knew I had to make a project to show them off. I decided to grab a canvas and put the pockets on display.


First I applied a layer of antique white paint to the canvas. I didn't want it plain white, but I knew I was going to cover most of it and I didn't want too much colour on the background. To add some interest I used the Tim Holtz Traveler Stencil with the Dina Wakely Blushing Paint to stencil some words as a border. I love all the different ways you can use this stencil! I also added just a few small paint splatters so that the background wasn't completely blank.


Next it was time to add the pockets. Like my last project I decided to cut the tops off the pockets to use later. As cute as the flaps are, they just didn't work with this particular project. I used my handy hot glue gun to stick 6 pockets to the canvas, using different images from the front and back of different pockets so that each ones showcased a different picture.


To cover all that blank space at the top I set to work creating a title for the project. Using one of the papers from the Star Gazer collection I cut out some strips, folded them in half and then snipped the corners into little flags.


Using some big stamps I've been dying to use from my stash, I added the flags to some twine to create this adventure banner for the top of the canvas.


Nearing the end of the project, it was time to fill those pockets. I'd been wondering how to use these cute Gorjuss Ribbon Bows and decided to make some paperclips with them. Aren't they cute?


But what do the paperclips attach to you ask? Why, adventures of course! I cut some plain kraft cardstock to size and set about creating some little adventures I could have with my husband. When boredom strikes we now have no excuse not to go on a little adventure! I love how these are attached to the paperclips, so when we feel like changing things up we can just swap the cards for new ones.


To finish the project off I couldn't resist using some of these beautiful Ken Oliver Charms.


You can see a close up of some of the embellishments here.


And here's the finished project hanging on my wall!



This project was so much fun to make and adds such cuteness to an otherwise boring patch in my home. It's also a great way to put the gorgeous products from this kit on display.

.............

BUY Aunty Vera's Monthly Kits HERE

January Monthly kit is available for $46.20 which is a saving of 20% on buying the items separately.

Postage is $9.00 anywhere in Aus. 
For internationals, please email for accurate prices.

C O N T A C T:

............

I hope you've been inspired today to enjoy your own little adventures - and incorporate them into your craft!

Until next time,

Sarah xx

............

To see more of my projects, find me on youtube here

Alternatively, you can follow me on instagram here

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...