Wednesday, January 31, 2018

The Big Aussie Craft Challenge - Sarah's Simple Aussie Journal Page

Hello Crafty Friends!
How are you all going with the Big Aussie Craft Challenge? We've received some lovely entries so far and can't wait to see more!
Today Sarah shares her journal memory layout celebrating Australia Day with our January Kit.
I have to say - I'm loving the sound of this new challenge - keep it simple, get it done!!




Hi everyone! With our Big Aussie Craft Challenge in mind, I thought one final project using the Explore 2018 Kit was in need! For this challenge I decided to make a simple journal layout documenting my Australia Day for 2018. This year, I had a BBQ with friends in a very special location... my friend's new yurt! Isn't this the coolest house?!


I started my page in this gorgeous travelers notebook. This year I decided I wanted to do more memory keeping, but in a way that was easy to actually keep up with. So I set myself a few rules: 
1. Black ink only - no fancy pens! 
2. Colour can be added using watercolour, colouring drawings or simple stamps
3. The only embellishments allowed are black and white washi or ephemera from outings

Let's see what a simple memory keeping page looks like!


To start my page I stamped some flowers on the edge of the page using the Kaisercraft Open Road stamp set. I figured an Aussie journal page wouldn't be complete without some Aussie flora. Aren't these plants just gorgeous?


Next, I used my Prima Watercolours to colour the stamps. I love how vibrant the colours are. 


With the base of my page done, I added the photo of the yurt. I love how the picture looks printed on instant-camera style paper.


To finish the page off, I did some journalling about my day. Here is the finished page:


I know that this layout is super simple, but I hope that keeping it simple means I might actually get some memory keeping done! And I love that my first page celebrates Australia Day.

It's not too late to enter the Big Aussie Craft Challenge. Post your entry pic either in the dedicated Challenge Album in our Crafty Facebook group, on our Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft facebook page or send us an email with pic attached to info@auntyverascrapandcraft.com.au.

............

BUY Aunty Vera's Monthly Kits HERE

January Monthly kit is available for $46.20 which is a saving of 20% on buying the items separately.

Postage is $9.00 anywhere in Aus. 
For internationals, please email for accurate prices.

C O N T A C T:

............

Happy Crafting!
Sarah

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...