Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Let Them Eat Cake: Lolly's Embellishments and Cupcake Box

Hello Crafty Friends!

Our theme this month is Let Them Eat Cake...... which means cake and tea and ... coffee!! And I think Lolly has been drinking a fair bit of coffee as she has been creating embellishments galore!! And that cupcake box!! Oh my!!!
Enjoy! ........ 


I have been assembling various embellishments using the kit.  Are you ready?

First is a set of three embellishments.   On the left is a crepe paper flower with one of the kit's Prima flowers in the center.   On the right is an embellishment made from a paper cut apart, and the center of the three embellishments is made from paper banner dies and a large Prima flower from the kit.  The stamped sentiment is also from the kit.




This next one is one of my old time favorites:  a tea bag paper clip!  I used the papers from the kit and a small tea cup hole punch I had in my stash.



I'm not too familiar with using feathers in paper crafts, but this feather from the kit is a stunning accent to this tag made with a foam sheet tag base.


Speaking of feathers, I thought we needed a fancy lady's hat to wear to our tea time, so I designed a digital image of a hat and lipstick and then made two small hats and a card, using feathers in the hat band.



Then I found a tiny charm from the craft store.  It allows me to slide a piece of paper down into the center, so I used a square of white and used the adorable tiny Doodlebug macaron sticker on it.
Now, that's a "charming" charm!



Since our theme is Let Them Eat Cake, I thought I'd make a couple of cupcake picks!   I attached a skewer to the back using the macaron washi tape.  Then, when the cupcake is gone (because someone just might EAT that cupcake), I can remove the washi and use the embellishment on another craft.



And of course I had to make a Memory Dex card with the Doodlebug coffee cup sticker!




Last, but not least (drum roll, please) is this adorable oven cupcake box!  I had purchased this file from Lori Whitlock, and with this month's theme, I knew I had to make one.  Plus, Amira begged me to make it, and I don't want to let Amira down!  :)     The door opens, and the cupcake tray slides out.  I have used kit papers on the cupcake tray and the back of the oven.  I even found a tiny rolling pin in my stash!





For the full view of the oven and closeup of all these embellishments, watch the video HERE.

Make sure you check out Aunty Vera's store HERE to grab some of these fabulous supplies or, better yet, the KIT!  

Thank you for stopping by.  I hope you are hungry for cake AND crafts!
Lolly 


http://www.LollyPalooza.net



1 comment:

  1. OMG !! LOVE that cupcake holder...just makes me sooooo happy. What a fabulous blog post...now oft watch the video xxA

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...