Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Sea You in the Craft Room - Suzanne's Beachy Shadow Box

Hello Crafty Friends!

It is such a hot day in Sydney, Australia today!! Makes me want to go to the beach!
Failing that, I might just gaze lovingly at Suzanne's beachy shadow box. It's just so awesome... and relaxing!
Enjoy!!.....


The September kit has loads of beautiful crafty goodness in it and one piece in particular challenged me to think outside the box a little.  Aunty Vera snuck in a miniature tackle box which was just a little unexpected I have to tell you, but I'm really pleased with what I came up with.

Recently I was the lucky recipient of a shadow box that has 12 - 3 x 4 inch compartments.  It was originally painted a shade a pink.  This was very quickly spray painted a beautiful blue colour and then I proceeded to embellish each of the 12 compartments which I must say was a lot of fun.  I collected things from here and there and also borrowed some of my daughters beautiful shells that she has collected over the years.


 In the first compartment I added one of the 3 x 4 cut a parts that says "Let's make waves" and I made a small beach chair from tiny paddle pop sticks.  I found a guide sheet on pinterest of how to do this and it was very simple.  I painted it white.


I used small paddle pop sticks to make this beach chair.  They are about 1/3 of the size of normal paddle pop sticks.



I made the beach sign and added a shell to the next compartment



Compartment 3 comprises of the little tackle box from the September kit  and an air dry clay fish that I made, as well as a fishing bag that I made from some tightly woven material that I blanket stitched around.

Blanket stitching around the fishing bag.



A bucket of shells in compartment four


 A 3 x 4 cut apart "Don't be crabby" with a cute little turtle and a shell for no. 5


A piece of fishing net and a shell, along with 2 air dry clay fish that I made using a mould and coloured with the ocean blue liquid pearls from the September kit


I painted the fish with liquid pearls from the kit


I made a little beach picket fence and added a pelican to the next compartment


A 3 x 4 cut a part "Life under the sea was meant to be" and a beautiful shell


Another piece of fishing net, a star fish, anchor, a sand dollar and some beach glass


I used bronze embossing powder on the anchor


The "just keep swimming" 3 x 4 cut a part from the Under the Sea collection and some shells


A glass tube of tiny shells and some beach sands and a star fish


A seagull embellishment, a sailfish ornament and another of my daughters finds from the ocean.



Here are the top 6 compartments

Here are the bottom six compartments


 The finished product.  I'm really quite pleased with this project.  It was lots of fun.



 You can see a quick video of my beach shadow box HERE.

You can get the September kit from Aunty Vera HERE.

xx Suzanne xx




1 comment:

  1. Wow love this as well. My goodness the team is on fire or I should say the team is Swimming along wonderfully lol. Brilliant work everyone xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...