Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Hippity Hoppity - Emily's shaking her cotton tail

Hello Crafty Friends
How's your Easter crafting going? Got a start on it? Made lots of lovely cards and tags? If not.... better get SHAKIN'!! Emily's shaker cards will get you in the mood to shake up your craft supplies and create some Easter fun...



Emily here again with a final set of gift cards using the fun stuff in the March Hippity Hoppity kit from Aunty Vera.  This time I’ve made shaker cards because, well, I just love them!  I started by cutting all my paper pieces out, the card bases are Bazzill Smooth Classic White cardstock and the patterned paper is from the kit.


Now if you want an awesome tut on how to make up a shaker card head back to this post by Ri from last month, she shows you the steps and it’s easy peasy to follow.  The only difference in our cards is the die set used for the frame, I used Scalloped Square Frames from Paper Rose, and the shaker mix.  I love to make my own shaker mixes and you can find some fun shapes in places like the discount store, which is where I found the fun Easter eggs, bunnies and Happy Easter confetti.


For the first two gift cards I used the stamps from the kit, I stamped the egg and the chickadee in black ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.  This makes the edge a bit thicker so really thin parts (like the chickee’s legs) are stronger and less likely to tear when you fussy cut right up to the edge like I did.  It also makes the outline really black and really shiny, which I love.   You can sort of see that in this pic if you look at the chickee's legs.


Now I’m not going to show you how I coloured them, instead I’m going to send you back to an earlier project by Sarah who water coloured her images using the included inks from the kits too, which you can find here.

I finished these two cards off with a flag from the Icons ephemera set from the kit, I layered a computer printed sentiment over these and used foam squares to pop the fussy cut images and the sentiments up off the card base.


My second two cards are bunny cards, the brads from the kit were so cute and all the embellishment needed to finish off my third gift card.  There’s a whole lot of different ephemera pieces in the Icons set and this ‘Happy Easter’ sentiment card was perfectly sized to fit on my gift card.  With the pair of bunny brads it was a quick and easy card to make (love how the pack comes with two that face each other!).  Just don’t forget to ink your edges, it really does make all the difference, love the yellow pop around the sentiment and I think it actually looks better that it isn’t even.  Well, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

On my final card I used another bunny brad and a die cut one using the Cottage Cutz Rabbit die from the kit.  I had one more flag from the ephemera set so I added the sentiment in the same way as the other cards.  This one has way more open space but that just shows off all those yummy shaker elements!


Hope you’ve been inspired to try shaking up your card making with some fun shaker cards.  They really are easy to make and you can find loads of tiny beads and seasonal confetti at the discount store.  You can also hop on over to Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft for some sequins to get you started!

Thanks for checking out my cards and please come visit me at my blog.

xx Emily xx

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...