Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Hippity Hoppity - Sarah's Memory Keeping Box

Hello Crafty Friends!
Do you have a way of documenting your Easter memories and memorabilia? How about a Memory Keeping Box? Sarah's box is so cute and a hopping fun way of storing your special memories!



Hello everyone! These Echo Park Papers are so adorable so I decided I needed a project to really show them off. For something a little different I decided to create a memory keeping box.

To start with you'll need a 12x12" piece of card stock in a co-ordinating colour. Cut at 4" on all sides, down to 4" so that you end up cutting 4 squares off. You'll be left with a cross shape like this.


Score from edge to edge of each section so that you have a middle square. Fold the sides up and you'll have the base of your box.


Next you'll need to create the lid. You'll need a piece of card stock 6x6". You can use a piece already cut to size or cut down another piece of 12x12". Score at 3/4" on each side. These will be the sides of the lid. Then cut one side of each 'square' on the corners of the score lines. You should end up with a piece of card that looks like this.


Glue each small flap inside the adjacent large flap and you'll have a lid!


The lid should be slightly larger than your box base, so that it's easy to slip on and off.


Now it's time to decorate! You'll need a minimum of 10 pieces of decorative paper to cover each side of the box, inside and outside, and the top of the lid. It's up to you whether or not you'd like a piece on the bottom of the box and the inside of the lid. I used a combination of papers from the Hello Easter Collection, including some of the 4x4" cut parts. These are slightly too large for the box, as the box sides itself are this size. You'll need to trim them down to 3.5x3.5" so that they matt with a nice 1/4" border.


I decided to ink around my papers using the Hero Arts Ink from the March kit and glued them all down. Here is the inside of my box.


Isn't this cut apart just so adorable?!


I added this card to the lid and then put some bunny washi around the edge for decoration.


And here's my finished box! 








I couldn't resist putting this cute 3x4" journaling card on the inside of the lid. 


And that's this project done! I didn't add any extra embellishments because I like adding more when I put photos and journaling in. At the moment the papers speak for themselves, but it would be easy to add decorative elements with the Hello Easter Die CutsEggstra Special Stamp Set or even this cute rabbit die. Whatever way you do it, I hope you're inspired to create your own memory keeping box this Easter. 


Bye for now,

Sarah xx

........................................ 

BUY Aunty Vera's Monthly Kits HERE

March monthly kit is available for $57.45 which is a saving of 20% on buying the items separately.

Postage is $9.00 anywhere in Aus. 
For internationals, please email for accurate prices.

C O N T A C T:

 ................................

Check out my instagram HERE or @snapshotscribbles

See my Youtube Channel HERE

And let me know if you'd like a video tutorial of this project

 ................................

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...