Wednesday, July 18, 2018

... and the Sky is Grey - Tina's Memory Keeping Cards

Hello Crafty Friends!
A card is a card is a card right?
Nope! Not when you use it in your memory keeping!
Join Tina today and create a set of cards that will be doubly special as they are designed to hold special memories....




Hello everyone. I hope you are enjoying this wonderful winter weather as much as I am.
Here in Victoria, we are currently enjoying school holidays and my husband and I are taking our two girls and two friends to the snow. I thought I would make a card for my youngest daughter and her friends which we will fill with photos from the trip as a keepsake for them.


The first thing the girls have been talking about is having a mega snowball fight, so I thought that it would make a perfect theme for a card.
The base of the cards I cut from a metallic cream cardstock at 8" x 4" and score at 4". I cut all my pieces from the papers from the kit. All the edges are inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.


Here is the finished card, a snowball fight with friends. I think my Bella is the little penguin.( I have added the Snowman's arms after taking this photo).


The second card is a Shaker card. Again, all the pieces are cut from the papers in the kit and I used a circle die to cut the Shaker window. As always, all my pieces are inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
.

 I cut a piece of acetate and adhered it to the back of the striped piece. I used foam tape on the back and added my background piece before adding the sequence mix from the kit.


What's the go to drink to warm the kids up at the snow? Hot chocolate of course, and that is the theme of the third card. I just love the Snow Flake paper from the kit. I used this as my background, then layered the cut out of the Hot Cocoa piece. The 'Escape To The Mountains' banner I placed on foam tape and added some snowflakes from my collection.


The three cards are complete and are waiting for the photos from the trip to be added before I give them to the girls.


Thank you for joining me today and Happy Crafting.
Tina xxx

The July Kit can be purchased HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...