Wednesday, July 4, 2018

...and the Sky is Grey - Tina's Trio Of Tags (and facebook challenge)

Hello Crafty Friends
Are you ready for our second Fun Challenge for the month?
Tina's challenge is to create a winter themed tag. Keep reading below for Tina's tag tutorial and inspiration. I'm trying to pick a favourite but I love love LOvE all 3... each for a different reason!
We hope you'll join in the fun and make your own winter tags!





Hello everyone, it's winter here in Australia and what a perfect kit Aunty Vera has for us this month. If you remember our beautiful April Autumn themed kit, All The Leaves Are Brown, then you will love this month's Winter Kit, And The Sky Is Grey. My first project for this month is also a challenge that I hope you can join and show your beautiful tags.

The challenge will be to make a winter themed tag, and to post photos on the Crafty Vera and Friends Facebook group HERE. I would love to see your tags so please join in.

Here I have three tags I made using the Prima Metal Trinkets,

the Santoro Ribbon, Nuvo Shimmer Powder and the Neat & Tangled Sequins Mix.


When I make my tags, I use natural craft cardstock that is 280gsm. I like to make them with two layers of the cardstock and then two of the patterned paper and the tags will have a really strong feel to them. You can use cereal box or similar packaging and achieve the same strong, firm tag. Nutri-Grain boxes work best in my opinion.


I start by cutting two of each tag, the smaller ones I cut with the Graphic 45 Medium ATC Die. A little bit naughty of me but I didn't want the large hole that the die cut, so I removed the little part that cut the hole, this in no way affects the rest of the tag. The larger tag is just cut at 6 1/2’’ x 3 1/2’’  and snip the corners. Adhere the two inner tags together. If using packaging, adhere the glossy picture sides together.

I then cut two of each from decorative cardstock and added these to both sides of the inner tag.



For the first tag I used My Minds Eye papers from my stash and the Gorjuss ribbon from the kit. I layered the two ribbons and adhered to the tag, and I use Gel Medium to dab the edges this will stop any fraying. The hole I punched  with my Crop-a-dile and added an eyelet. 



I used one of the beautiful Metal flowers from the kit, and a stamped Gorjuss Girl from the Toadstool set. I added another double layer of the ribbons from the kit and a Warm Wishes sticker, and finished the tag with some ribbon from my collection.



The Second tag I used papers from Santoro If Only collection.



I used a wooden frame which I painted with Little Birdie Chalk Paint - Rainy Day. When it was completely dry, I spritzed it lightly with water and added the Nuvo Shimmer Powder, the effect is so shimmery.



The lovely image in the frame is from the Santoro  Mirabelle,If Only collection. After attaching it to the frame I attached the frame to the tag and added a metal flower from the kit. The leaves I die cut from the same papers, and added some of the Sequins from the kit. Finally I finished the tag by adding a Perfect Moments sticker and ribbon from my collection.



 With the final tag, I used paper from Stamperia, Blue Stars.


After inking the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink, I used Ranger Enamelware Embossing Powder. I love the look of this embossing powder, as it leaves a beautiful speckled finish that looks like snow. I added a layer of ribbon from the kit, and a smaller ribbon that I have been using to finish the tags through the eyelet. The little girl is from the same Stamperia Blue Stars collection. I used Ranger Stickles - Waterfall on her wings, crown and the stars, and cut a few of the stars adding them to the tag as well a sentiment from the collection. The tag is finished off the  with one of the lovely metal Trinkets from the kit, some snowflakes from the Sequins also from the kit, and some leaves I die cut with glitter paper along with ribbon from my collection.


Here is a close up of the embossed edges.


I hope you enjoyed my three tags and please don't forget to join in the challenge.
The July Kit can be purchased Here.
Don't forget to show us your tags HERE.
Thank You and Happy Crafting
Tina xxx

2 comments:

  1. Love these tags totally, my favourite would have to be the frame one but I also like the star one and the gorjuss one, oops, love them all x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this step by step tutorial. I have the honour of owning 2 of your tags and now I feel I will be able to reproduce them. I’m going for the challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...