Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Making Daisy Chains - Suzanne's Wrapped Journal with Kraft-Tex

Hello Crafty Friends!
Suzanne has a wonderful project for us today.....  using our springtime kit along with the new Eileen Hull 'Wrapped Journal' die to create such a beautiful and cheerful little springtime journal.




Hello everyone.  Isn't Spring just the most wonderful time of the year.  The weather certainly has started to warm up here in Queensland.  I hope it is warming up in your neck of the woods as well.

Recently I was fortunate enough to purchase the gorgeous sizzix/Eileen Hull Wrapped Journal die from Aunty Vera.  I was so excited to use it and when the gorgeous September kit turned up, I knew I was definitely in luck and that this was the perfect time to make a cute little journal using the gorgeous papers from Echo Park and the lovely stamp from Stampendous.


I cut the wrapped journal from Kraft-Tex which is a very strong kind of paper fabric.  I decided to paint it with pink acrylic paint from kaisercraft and then I used the stampendous flower stamp on the cover along with a couple of my own stamps.  I used my stamp platform so that I could achieve a clear stamped image.  The Kraft-Tex if quite textured on one side and I had to stamp several times to get a good image.






I then coloured the stamps with more acrylic paint.  At this point I should have sealed the paint but for the purpose of doing the blog, I left that part out as it takes a while for the sealer to cure. 


I then strung my journal with elastic and made 6 little journals to go inside the cover. 



I used the 'Hello Spring' paper from the September kit to make covers for the 6 little inserts.












To finish off the journal, I used one of the cute little charms from the kit and made a small dangle for the spine. 


I hope you have enjoyed having a look at my little journal. 
Bye for now
Suzanne xoxo

You can watch a short show and tell for the journal project HERE.
You can get the kit from Aunty Vera HERE.


4 comments:

  1. Hands down another favourite project!!! Killing it Suzanne..just killing it xxA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh no more to make from all your wonderful projects. Just loving them all xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I will add this to my list. Thank you Suzanne. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous. Love the way you made the cover. Given me some awesome ideas

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...