Monday, September 3, 2018

Making Daisy Chains - Tina's Craft Room Organizer - No 1

Hello Crafty Friends!
I have to say storage solutions is my big weakness! I am always trying to come up with better ways of storing and displaying my craft goodies..... kitchen and baking toys...... well ANYTHING really! So imagine my delight when I found out that Tina is spending this month creating DIY Craft Room Storage..... WOW!
Today - a beautiful organizer that you'll totally want to make too!!




Hello everyone
With the end of winter and beginning of spring upon us, the weather has been glorious and that always makes me want to clean and reorganise the house. I thought my craft room needed some organising and the September Kit is perfect with what I like to call Happy Colours.
This month I hope to bring ideas on brightening up and organising your craft space and first up I have an organiser that I made specifically for my tags as I make lots and lots of them and I wanted easy access to them as needed, but you can use this for anything.


I used chipboard for the structure and cut my pieces as shown in the picture below. The front and back pieces are cut slightly less than 4 1/2 ''. I have shown this on white paper (because I forgot to put my measurements on the chipboard :)).



Then I cut strips from white cardstock 1'' wide x 9'' long, scored at 1/2'' and I folded these making sure to burnish well.


These strips are used to join my pieces of the organiser together. I glued one to the bottom of each of my sides and to the front and back base.


This is what the other side should look like.


Line up the sides to the base and glue in place, the sides should sit beside the base not on top.


Add the front and back pieces and these should sit on top of the base ( that's why they were cut slightly smaller to line up with the top of the sides). Cut the remaining strips to size and glue on to the rest of the organiser on all sides.





I painted all the edges with white Gesso and then with Kaisercraft - Spearmint paint.



I loved the Spring Flowers 12x12 sheet from the kit so I had to use this to cover my organiser. I cut firstly my pieces in Kaisercraft Cardstock Sea Foam 1/8'' smaller and I cut two of each piece for the inside and outside of the organise. The patterned paper is cut 1/8'' smaller than the Kaisercraft paper and only one of each to cover the outside only.


I used Tim Holtz Idea-ology Box Feet which I completely painted in Little Birdie Chalk Paint - Sailing Sky. Once this was dry I used warm water and washed away some of the paint. Then I rubbed a little Vintage Photo Distress Ink on the feet and glued them to the organiser.








Because I am using this for my tags I wanted to add dividers so I can have my tag bases in one section, unfinished tags in another and a place for finished tags.
I cut two pieces of chipboard and two pieces of the same Kaisercraft cardstock that I used earlier. The cardstock needs to be larger than the chipboard to be able to cover it.





I divided my organiser equally and glued the dividers into place and then covered with another piece of cardstock.


I finally added one of the stickers from the kit to finish it off.
Now my Little organiser is ready to use.




I hope you enjoyed this project and please join me next time as I tackle a better storage for all my markers, as you can see below they are in desperate need of organisation.


Thank you and happy crafting.
Tina xxx
The gorgeous September Kit can be purchased HERE

6 comments:

  1. Those are indeed happy colors. Sweet project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This project is definitely on my to do list. Love it. Thank you Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have done this one as a challenge Tina as it is a wonderful project.. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina this is just amazing! So beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much ladies for your lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks beautiful with a practical use, love it Tina xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...