Friday, July 10, 2020

Get Out Of The House - Aussie Scrapper's 12x12 Layout - Isolation




A big hello to everyone and I am back with my second layout documenting these strange times we are living in.  My Second Layout is documenting the queues outside grocery stores as they were limiting the number of people inside the store.  I am so glad that I remembered to photograph this experience as I am sure it will be something I will forget about in time.

I will be using the Photoplay "Living the Quarantine Life" collection

I had my photos all printed and my next step was to find suitable papers.  I must admit I did struggle here as nothing seemed to go well with my photos.  In the end, I chose the paper named "Covid19"



I gutted the inside of the paper as I just wanted it as a border and then I took a 12x12 white cardstock and trimmed about 2mm off each side and then I glued my white cardstock to this border.


My next step was to work on my photos.  I matted my photos using the reverse side of the "Covid19" paper.


My next step looks a lot better in my head than what it did on paper, but I persevered with the layout.  I decided to do the packaging technique and since I did not have any red "Dina Wakeley" paint I used my trusted Inka Gold in Lava RedI used my heat to dry my red layer and then I once again used the packaging technique but this time I used my Dina Wakley 'Lapis' paint.


My next step was to add some stencilling using my new stencil from Tim Holtz. This is one of my chosen products and Aunty Vera has it on sale for the month of July.


I love the Photoplay "Living the Quarantine Life"  ephemera pack.  I picked quite a few out for this layout and I also fussy cut out some toilet paper rolls from the paper named "Covidiot".  My title "Isolation" I cut using my silhouette machine.  


Here is the completed layout.  I am not sure if I like this layout.  I will wait and see if it grows on me.

If you wish to watch the video tutorial please click HERE.

Before I leave you to your day, please check out Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft as the core products used on this layout are on sale for the month of July.  Happy shopping dear friends. 





3 comments:

  1. Loving the colours in this layout Silvia, wonderful xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout Silvia, it’s a good thing you took the photos, I still find myself shaking my head seeing photos like that. We have to wear face masks now at work. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great layout Silvia, and a good/ bad ?? memory to talk about when your kids get older.. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...