Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Get Out Of The House - Aussie Scrapper 12x12 layout "Covid 19 Testing"




Hi my dear friends,  I am back with my 4th layout for the month and I cannot believe how quickly this month has gone.  I thought I would do my final layout by documenting my sons "COVID testing".  Our current times dictate that if he misses school because he is unwell he must be tested and can only go back to school with a negative reading.  He did get a negative reading but I am sure he quickly worked out that it's really not worth trying to get out of going to school anymore.  Let's just say it was not a pleasant experience and mummy was cranky after losing a morning sitting in a car waiting to be tested.

I had picked my one and only photo of this event and this whole layout is based on the colours in the photo.

I am at the end of my kit now so there was not a lot of choice for my papers and what I had did not work with my photo so this is where we really must get creative.  Part of my chosen products was this gorgeous die from Kaisercraft "Fob Watch" so I die cut a whole heap out of watches.


My next big step and I say big because it took me a while to work out how I was going to arrange these watches on my white cardstock.....


Next, I sprayed some Kaisermist in the colour "aqua" and dried it with my heat gun.


This layout becomes very mixed media focused from now on.  My next step was to add a layer of "Turquoise" Dina Wakely Acrylics paints, followed by a second layer of the colour "Sky" from the same brand.  I used the packaging technique to add the colour.


I loved the colour so far but I wanted to add some texture so I mixed some Liquitex "natural sand" with some Dina Wakely acrylic paint in the colour Lapis and scraped it onto my layout using the Rangers texture tools.


Time to use another of my chosen products and that is the Tim Holtz Stitched layering stencil and do a layer of stencilling.


Liking how this is looking so far but I realised my photo had a lot of black and I wanted to introduce some black into the layout somehow, so I decided to use my new toy from Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft and that is my new stamp from Bo Bunny "I heart stamps"


My background is now complete and its time to put this layout together.  I trimmed my background and mounted it on some patterned paper from my stash.  I added some ephemera from the core products from July - Photoplay "living the quarantine life" and I also used one of the stamps from Photoplay's "living the quarantine life" stamp set to add another border.  



Hope you like the end result - its amazing what you can do with a good die, some stamps and an ephemera pack.  The die, stamp set and ephemera pack are all on special for the month of July at Aunty Vera's.  HERE is the link to playland.. Have fun!

To watch the process video, please click HERE.





1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...