Sunday, July 26, 2020

Get Out of the House - Nat's Planner Title Pages




Hi everyone, hope you are all well and getting some crafty time in 😃

I have been working in my planner inserts creating some title pages and beginning to use them.
This is the bullet journal insert that I made previously.  I created a title page in this using a blending tool with the Distress Oxide through two stencils to get the background.  I had masked off the centre strip with masking tape so no ink was applied there. I drew the outline of the year with the Pigma Micron pen in this clear area and then used a blue marker to colour it in.  A purple marker was used to create the borders and the Bo Bunny Sticker added.  I used purple Distress Ink to stamp the little Photo Play COVIDs onto the page for a finishing touch.



These are the first pages in my bullet journal where I have created a key using some craft paper to remind me of the symbols I am using throughout for entries.  I have embellished this with the Bo Bunny Clear Stickers.  This system was developed by Ryder Carrol whom I discovered on Youtube, and is a great way to efficiently organise a planner. I have been using the Micron pen for all of the writing, titles and lines.  I have trouble trying to write small and neat and have found it so much easier with this pen, also I don't smudge as I write - which, being a lefty - I do usually have issues with 😉. I am using my bullet journal insert for my yearly, monthly and weekly planners.
 

People often add a 'Collections' section to their bullet journals, however I decided to use the Dylusions Dyalog 'Lined' book  to create a 'stand alone' Collections insert.  This will be where I create lists of things I have or want such as a book list, movie list, game list, craft supply lists etc.  As the pages in this insert are nice and thick, I will be able to decorate it with inks, stamping and paints. So I grabbed my Photo Play stamps, embellishments and Spiced Marmalade Oxide to create a cover page for this book.


I used the Spiced Marmalade and some Cracked Pistachio Oxide with a blending tool to add colour to the page then used these also with a honeycomb stencil on the inside of the cover. The Pigma Micron pen worked perfectly to outline the 'collections' title down the side of the page. Black Archival ink was used with the Photo Play stamps to create lined lists with tabs on blank paper - I love how I was able to use four different Photo Play stamps to create these.  I inked around the edges with black Distress Ink and glued these onto the page. I used the other stamps to decorate around these lists. I added more stamping and some of the Photo Play embellishments to the inside cover page.  Very simple but effective and colourful.



Next, on to the process for my Art Journal title page.  I put grease-proof paper over the left cover page to protect it while I applied ink to my page using Distress Oxides in three colours - including "Spiced Marmalade" (which is on sale for the month), Wilted Violet and Cracked Pistachio.  I masked off the center of the page using masking tape to prevent getting the colours in that area while using a blending tool to apply them.  I then removed the tape and used just a light coating of Spiced Marmalade on the the center area.


The next step was to spray some water over the whole page to activate the oxide which created a nice mottled effect.


While the inks were still wet I placed a honeycomb stencil over the page and used a wet wipe to rub over the design which lifted some of the ink to create a wonderful pattern.
I left the inked page to dry while I started decorating the inside of the front cover.  Firstly I mixed some orange paint with a little gesso (for better coverage) and applied this with a dry make-up sponge to the paper, I let this dry a little then repeated the process a few times until I was happy with the outcome.


Once it was dry, I used the Bo Bunny Clear Stickers to decorate the center of the inked page, I chose stickers I felt were suitable for my art journal such as the words: 'Inspire' and 'Create' and the sentence: 'throw kindness around like glitter'. I also began adding  Photo Play "Living the Quarantine Life" Ephemera pieces to the inside cover page.


I used the Spiced Marmalade Oxide to ink the edges of all the ephemera before sticking them down including all the fun speech bubbles I cut out of the "Stay Safe" paper previously.


I found a bottle of purple spray paint and decided to use it to add splatter to my pages, just to make them a little more 'grungy'.  My Pigma Micron 05 pen added some great definition around the ephemera pieces and borders around the stickers.


I am having a load of fun using my planner system and all of the inserts, it is great to be able to customise it all to suit my needs and use the awesome papers, embellishments, stamps, stickers and inks to embellish it.

Happy crafting and stay safe,
Love Nat xxx

Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft products on sale and being used for the month of July are:

5 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...