Saturday, July 4, 2020

Get Out of the house - Aussie Scrapper's "Empty Shelves Crazy Times" layout




Hello Everyone,  I am so happy to be back sharing some more of my scrappy layouts.  I took a break from scrapbooking during June, mainly due to the fact that I injured my back and my wrist and then when everything was healed I lost my mojo (still trying to find it).

 Aunty Vera picked an interesting theme for July..We are to document these crazy times we are living in, to help us she kindly picked the PHOTOPLAY "Life in Quarantine" collection.

I decided that first I wanted to document the crazy empty toilet paper aisle in the shops and the shortage of toilet paper.

I decided on two papers the first is called "This Happened" and my second paper is called "covid19"



I wanted the "covid19" paper in the centre on my layout, so I took out my trimmer and cut it into what looks like a square.  I must be honest I did not measure at all. 


Next, I decided to matt my photos using the beautiful orange paper called "Plaid19".  Once matted I distress the edges using a distressing tool and then inked the edges with my memento "grey flannel" ink.


I just had to use the paper with the toilet paper rolls "Covidiot"  I also love the reverse side of this paper and I do end up doing a fair bit of fussy cutting. 


I cut a strip of the toilet paper rolls to add to my layout and I  just had to use the T-shirt so I took out my fussy cutting scissors.  


Using the same paper "Covidiot" I spent some time relaxing doing more fussy cutting while watching Netflix.  


Time to embellish so I first really wanted to use two of the saying from the paper named "stay safe"
I fussy cut the little speech bubble "empty shelves" and "panic buying".  I felt they were very appropriate for my photos.  I also pulled out the "living the quarantine life" ephemera packet and chose a few on the diecuts for my layout.  (I have circled my choices in black)


Time to adhere all my embellishments to my page but at the last minute I decided to add some black borders to my papers and to also matt my photos with a layer of black.  I added my title using some thickers from my stash and did some journaling.
 I am quite pleased with how this layout turned out.  


If you wish to see the full video tutorial please click HERE.
To get your hand of this great collection please click HERE.






5 comments:

  1. wonderful Silvia and so appropriate for these crazy times xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I remember it well, being a huge fan of toilet paper and highly dependent on it. Great layout Silvia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Started having a few troubles here in SA again too - so many Covidiots!!! Great layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout Silvia, If we didn't live through all of this we may have found it difficult to believe the stupidity that went on with the toilet paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How True is this and a great layout.x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...