Thursday, July 16, 2020

Get Out Of The House - Aussie Scrappers "Isolation bombfire" layout



Hello everyone, I hope everyone is doing well in these unusual times.  I know that these last few weeks have been the hardest for me.  The start of the whole covid life, I found quite relaxing and for me, it was a break from my very busy schedule.  Now, even though restrictions have been easing, I am really starting to miss my previous life and all the little freedoms we took for granted.

Aunty Vera has given us the perfect theme and papers to document these current events as it's all these feeling and thoughts that we will soon forget about when this whole pandemic is over.  I want my grandchildren to one day read these pages and know what we did to cope.  We are working with Photoplay's "Living the Quarantine Life" Collection

Today's layout is documenting the first weekend of restrictions where you were not allowed to have any visitors, this also coincided with my daughter's birthday celebrations and of course, the family get together had to be cancelled. However, we did still go ahead with the bonfire as planned but it was just the four of us plus the pets...

My first step was to find a suitable paper.  I chose the paper named "This Happened" and I also chose to use the stamp set from PhotoPlay also called "Living the Quarantine Life"



I decided to that I wanted a border all around my paper with phrases that meant something during this time, so I decided to use the stamps #social distancing and #stay at home, as this was the strong message from the government during this period.  In between, I used the stamp with all the little squares.  I used my Ranger embossing ink and then I used my chosen product Ranger embossing powder White


Next, I decided to do a second row of stamping using the same stamps but instead of the squares separating the phrases I used the molecule stamp.


I wanted to bring in more Orange to this layout as the photo has a lot of orange in it, so I decided to do some mix media.  First I need a layer of gesso (picture one) and then I did the old packaging technique, for my first layer of colour I used "Antique Linen" Distress Oxides Spray. My second layer is using "Dried Marigold" Distress Oxides Spray.  I wanted a brighter Orange so I used "Cheddar" Aryclic paint by Dina Wakely.


I now needed a contrasting colour as everything was blending in with the photo so after trying various items I chose this doily from my stash.  I love the pop of colour it gives the layout and helps the photo stand out.


While working on this layout I knew that I wanted to use a cutfile I had bought so, I took out my silhouette machine, cut the file out and backed it using the paper named "Plaid19"


My fire cut file was looking a bit too plain so I did some colouring-in and added some shading to give it a more realistic look.  In my stash, I had an orange frame that I cut in half and used it to help frame my photo.  I also added some black thread.


Next, I worked on my title "Isolation BombFire" using some thickers from my stash.  The thickers I had were the wrong colour so I mixed some black gesso with some Liquitex Natural sand and painted my letter.  This gave my letter a nice course texture and once dry I just used my finger to rub some teal nuvo mouse on.  Hope you like the finished product.


Please click HERE to view the process video
The items used on this layout can be purchased from the most friendly online store in Australia with amazing prices, click HERE for some amazing deals.







2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...