Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Coffee & Friends - Donna's Coffee Book Challenge

Hello Crafty Friends!
Our theme this month is Coffee & Friends and friends craft together right?
So we really hope that you will all join in Donna's special challenge... it's a coffee (or tea... or hot choc...) themed mini book. This one's just for fun so no deadlines... no pressure... just lots of crafty fun!



Hi all,
Here we are again and can you believe it is June already!
Half the year has gone, I am not sure where though. Aunty Vera has sent us
a lovely kit this month
'Coffee & Friends'
It is wonderful and so realistic that you can almost smell the coffee and taste
the paper lol... I don't drink coffee or eat anything coffee but I do love the smell of it. I am a Tea drinker, no sugar just milk thank you..
I thought for one of my projects this month I would create a challenge for you,
no prizes just fun fun and more fun..
My book is in two parts. 1. Photos and 2.Video.
You can see the Video HERE
I really hope you have a go as they are so easy once you make the first one..
Score a 12in x 12in @ 3in, 6in, 9in
turn once and score @ 3in, 6in, 9in
as shown in photo..

Cut from the top at the 3in scored line down to the bottom scored line.
Do  the same at the 9in scored line.
From the bottom at the 6in score line cut up to the first scored line
as shown in photo.

Burnish all scored lines starting with a valley fold then a mountain fold
continue for all the 12 squares.
Once you get to the bottom of the first row fold under the one
next to it to give you a mountain fold. You will do this for the three double ends.


Cut 2 pieces of cardstock at 4in x 4in - cover
cut 2 pieces of cardboard at 3in x3in - book covers
Cut 16 pieces of paper at 2 3/4in 2 3/4in - mats


Using the Clearly Kelly brown ink from an earlier kit, ink all the edges of your pieces.


Adhere the cardboard onto your 4in x 4in paper and using a small
scorer tool go around the edges to make it easier and a crisper edge to fold.


Fold over and adhere down.


Using strong adhesive, adhere your book to the two covers.. 


Cut the spine at 2in x 3in.


Place strong adhesive on the spine and fold over book..


Decorate as desired..




I wanted this little book to be about coffee and tea and what
better way than to show you than photos and quotes..
I used Google images to get these off the net. They may be copyrighted
so check before you use any image to sell you projects..
I am keeping this little beauty..


On each page there is Wink of Stella added somewhere and I have added doodling
either on the picture or around it.. 


I would love to own these beautiful cups..


I think I have 'Tepidophobia' lol


On each page I have used the same papers
and the gorgeous washie tape and have either stamped the
tiny coffee cup from the stamp set (love this set) or a word..


Did you notice that each tiny cup has a fussy cut middle piece!!


Now if I change this to Tea then it would be perfect..


On each image I have also stamped coffee rings from
Paper Artsy mini 16..


Just cannot believe how gorgeous these cups are..


Mmm, yep change the coffee to tea again and yep that's me lol..



Back of the book, don't you just love this paper.. 


I hope I have inspired you to create Glorious things..
Thank you for stopping by..
Hugs
DONNA xx

Join us on our facebook group and post your challenge projects HERE.

.......................................................................................................

BUY Aunty Vera's Monthly Kits HERE

June Monthly kit is available for $77.30 which is a saving of 20% on
 buying the items separately.

Postage is $9.00 to anywhere in Aus.
For internationals, please email for accurate prices.

C O N T A C T:
info@auntyverascrapandcraft.com.au

 ................................

Please visit me on my blog  HERE
or
on my FB page Donna's Creations  HERE
  


1 comment:

  1. I don’t know how I missed this whole post and challenge Donna. Planning on doing it anyway 😍😍

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...