Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Coffee & Friends: Lolly's Passport Cover

Hello Crafty Friends!
Real coffee lovers will want to travel the world searching for that perfect cup of coffee. Or at least keep a notebook on hand to jot down all their coffee dates ;)
Lolly's Passport Cover will keep your passport safe and gorgeous looking. And if you're not traveling... it's the perfect size for holding passport sized notebooks!



I recently made a passport cover out of Kraft-Tex, and since it was my prototype, I didn't want to use up my dwindling supply of Coffee & Friends papers!  :)  Now that I feel confident in the procedure, I'm ready to make the COFFEE passport cover!   Woot!

If you aren't familiar with Kraft-Tex, it is thick paper that is hard to tear, is machine washable, and can be sewed.  It's amazing stuff!

I started with white Kraft-Tex, but since I painted it, any color will do.  The cover measures 7.5 X 5.5 inches, and the two pockets are 5.5 X 1.5 inches each.

I painted them all a light "coffee with cream" color, and when dry, I stamped the coffee cup from the Sizzix stamps in the collection.


I also stamped a half-image of the cup on each flap.  I used the Lawn Fawn Fawndamentals black ink pad that I got from Aunty Vera. Then I painted the white parts of the cup on the cover with white acrylic paint.   I also stamped "java time" under the cup.


I had pre-stamped and pre-colored several of the one inch circular emblems from the stamp set, so I used Mod Podge to glue one onto the coffee sleeve.  I realized the cover was a little dull, so I used gold metallic paint over a stencil to sponge in some rays coming from behind the coffee.  That was perfect!   Once dry, I applied one coat of Mod Podge.


Then I sewed the pockets onto the reverse side, with a top stitch very close to the edge.

If you don't travel, don't worry.  These passport holders also hold traditional passport-size traveler's notebook inserts!  I made a little notebook for the inside, using paper from the collection and one of my pre-stamped and pre-colored coffee images from the stamp set.


For the papers, I used cream colored printer paper, and I lightly stamped some images randomly throughout, to remind me of a real passport.



A little washi edging on some of the paper is cute, too.  This washi is a sweet addition to the kit!


 Now I can use this as a handy notebook in my purse, and I can keep exchanging the little notebook inside as often as needed!

You are going to want to make one of these!  First, though, you are going to want to get that KIT!  Look for it HERE.

Thank you for joining my fun.  I did  film the making of this passport cover, which you can see HERE.

Speaking of coffee and FRIENDS, if you make one of these, your friends will want to take it, so you might want to either hide yours from them or make enough to share!

Blessings,
Lolly
http://www.LollyPalooza.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...