Saturday, June 23, 2018

Coffee & Friends: Lolly's Mixed Media Shaker

Hello Crafty Friends!
Are you ready to shake things up a bit?
Join Lolly for a fun Mixed Media Shaker Canvas!!



Q:  What is better than coffee?
A?  Coffee + mixed media + shakers!

I bought an 8 X 10 canvas board but ended up getting a larger one (9 X 12) from a friend.  Much better!  I knew I wanted to use a shaker cup from the kit, and I wanted the canvas to be white behind it.  So I filled the shaker with the sequins from the kit, plus a few coffee beans of course.  Then I peeled the tape off the cup and added E6000 to the edge, too, and stuck it to the canvas.


The hard part was waiting.  I wanted to make sure I didn't mess it up, so I let it cure for 24 hours.  Then I applied black gesso to the canvas and to the acrylic edge around the cup.  Once dry, I coated it all in Dixie Belle chalk mineral paint in Caviar color.



Then I used a white chalk pencil to outline the letters c-o-f-f-e-e, making the two Fs look like steam coming from the cup.  I had seen a picture of this done, and I knew it would be perfect for this project. 


Then I painted the letters, using a tan color for the steam and white for the rest of the letters.



Once it dried, I used the flat end of large plastic crochet hooks (Susan Bates Crystallites hooks) to dip in acrylic paint and apply around the canvas.  Look!  It's Lolly Dots!  I also used a fine knitting needle for the tiny dots.




I am in love with how it turned out!



You can see the process HERE.

And pick up this fun kit HERE while supplies last!

Thank you for getting dotty with me!
~Lolly
http://www.LollyPalooza.net

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...