Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Can't you hear the Thunder? No, wait it's Suzanne's possum scrapbook page

G'day Crafty Mates!
The Kaisercraft papers in our November kit are so gorgeous... they're just perfect for scrapbook layouts! Today Suzanne creates a perfect Aussie scrapbook page.... and introduces us to her little friends......




G'Day cobba. How's life been treatin ya?  I hope ya haven't had any possums on ya roof cause they sound like flamin thunder.  But when they're in the hollow tree with their little face poking out they're just as cute as a button.

Today my scrapbook page features some of the papers from the beautiful Open Road collection from Kaisercraft.  I used two 3inch strips of 'prospecting'  top and bottom and a torn piece of 'undiscovered' in the centre before adding my photograph and other embellishments.


I used a chipboard tree which I had coloured grey with gesso.  This also gave it texture.


I matted the photograph on several pieces of paper and popped it up on foam tape.



I cut a map of Australia out of my 6 1/2 inch paper pad (from my stash) from the collection to add to my page.


I also used my stamp (also from my stash)  from this collection to stamp and colour some leaves to match those that are on the ground in the photograph.


With all of my elements ready I put my page together.

I added a piece from the cut apart page to the layered papers and a boomerang from the wooden flourish pack.

Some stamped and coloured leaves as well as some of the leaves from the Collectables pack (from my stash) have also been added. I also used a sticker from the sticker sheet



Here is my completed page

And just because the possum is so adorable, here is a close up.  If you look carefully, you can see another member of the family through the other little hole in the tree and the ear of another possum behind her.  This possum family lived in an old hollow tree for many years about 20 metres away from Mum and Dad's house.  They constantly raided the fruit and nut trees but Dad would just plant more so there was enough for everyone.  Every now and then they would hold what sounded like a barn dance on the roof of the house and because it was tin, it sounded like it was elephants up there, not a couple of possums.  Aren't they just so cute.



You can watch a short process video HERE.
You can get the November kit HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...