Friday, November 30, 2018

Can't You Hear the Thunder - Suzanne's Australian Shadow Box with Mailbox

G'day Crafty Mates!
Wow.... can you believe that today is the last day of November! I know I say this every month but seriously!!
Today Suzanne wraps up our month of Aussie Crafting with a perfect Australian project....  a shadow box and mailbox that just sings Aussie Bush!!



Hello everyone. My final project with the November kit from Aunty Vera was probably the most fun to make.  I do love to get messy and to try out different things and for this project I made a 12 x 12 shadow box with a difference. 

I started out with a 12 x 12 shadow box from Tiddleybitz  (got it from the op shop)  which I had to construct and then paint.  I used some green paint from Kaisercraft in a lovely shade of olive green to match the papers from Kaisercraft that are in the kit called the 'Open Road' collection.







I then used the full sheet with the dirt road and gum trees for the feature of the shadow box and I decorated it with several stickers from the sticker sheet and  a couple of boomerangs from the wooden elements from Kaisercraft.


I then made a mail box and a farm name sign to go with my shadow box.
I used a cardboard cylinder and hot glue to make a tree stump and then painted it with varies shades of grey paint








 I made a mailbox using the corrugated tin paper from the collection and made a parcel, a newspaper and some letters to go inside the mailbox and glued it to the top of the tree stump.


I also made another post for the property name sign that I painted with the nuvo crystal drops and hung a sign with the name 'Coolibah"



I them hot glued them together and added some plant life to the bottom to hide the hot glue.


I think that together the two pieces are just so much fun and I am really enjoying them in my craft room. 






Thanks so much for having a look at my project and I hope you enjoyed it.

You can take a quick look at a short video showing this project HERE.
You can get the kit from Aunty Vera HERE.

Thanks and bye for now
Suzanne xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Pure genius! Best shadow box i have ever seen 💜

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Best shadow box ever!! From strength to pure awesomeness! You are my favourite crafty artist Suzanne 😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing piece Suzanne, Your work is so amazing. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...