Monday, November 19, 2018

Can't You Hear the Thunder? - Suzanne's Aussie Christmas Bag and Tag

G'day Crafty mates!
I love Suzanne's idea of using the Open Road collection for Aussie Christmas craft!
Check out her brilliant gift bag and tag..... so much more appropriate than snowmen and winter scenes don't you think?




G'day crafty people.  I hope you are enjoying all the wonderful Australiana Craft project this month from Aunty Vera's Creative team.  It sure has been a beaut kit to work with this month and today the fun continues.

I decided I was going to try something a little different and make a Christmas project with paper that is not meant for Christmas.  It was easier than it sound because of the gorgeous Kaisercraft papers that are in the November kit.  I used a plain kraft colour gift bag and chose some of the wonderful paper from the Open Road collection to transform the bag from dull to gorgeous in a few simple steps;


I cut two coordinating pieces of the patterned papers and layered them on the front of the bag.


I cut 'Merry Christmas' from another of the papers and placed it on the bag front and used the Nuvo drops from the kit to colour one of the wooden flourishes and placed it in the bottom corner.



I then made a tag to go with the bag using some more of the paper.  I also used the Lawn Fawn stamp to stamp out the kangaroo and tree.   I cut a hillside from another of the papers and stamped out an Aussie Christmas sentiment which says "Have a bonza Christmas"




I used a wobbler to attach the kangaroo to the tag for some added interest.
I used the twine from the kit to attach the tag to the bag.
Here is my finished project



You can watch a short process video HERE.
You can get the kit from Aunty Vera HERE.


Thank you so much for taking a look at my project.
See you next time
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...