Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Love and Art - Suzanne's Mixed Media Canvas

Hello Crafty Friends
Haven't our Team projects been so LOVEly this month?!
Get ready to fall in love once again with Suzanne's Mixed Media Canvas.... oh my! Pass the smelling salts!!!



Hello ladies.  I hope everyone is enjoying all the wonderful crafty delights that the team have been coming up with already this year.  February is the month of  Love (and Art) in Aunty Vera land and my latest project is very much in this vain. 

My project is a Mixed Media Canvas featuring the Donna Downey stencil that is in the February kit.  The quote on the stencil is from Vincent Van Gogh.  I hope you enjoy my canvas.  I had a blast making it.  So much Fun.

 I covered a 9 1/2 x 13 inch canvas from Daiso with Tissue paper that I also got from Daiso.
The Tissue paper was adhered with Matte Gel Medium and the paintbrush covered with a couple of coats of Gesso

I then used some sticky stencil from my stash and laid them on the paintbrush and used the texture paste to add texture to the brush

 This is the texture on the paintbrush

I used some Lindy's Magicals to add colour.


This is how the paintbrush turned out


I used my stamps and dies to make some flowers


  I used the Nuvo drops from the kit in the centre of the flowers


I used a mixture of acrylic paints to cover the canvas using the pouncers.  I watered down the paint first.


The painted canvas


I used this stencil from the kit to add the text to the canvas


I used Magicals to colour the texture paste before using it on the stencil


A close up of the stencilled quote


I added a stem to the paintbrush and then glued down to the canvas using both E6000 and hot glue


Adding the flowers to the paintbrush


Before I added the small paint palette I made a wedge of hot glue behind the top tubs so that it had a tilt downwards and adhered it to the canvas with E6000 and hot glue.


The crayons I'm going to use on the canvas


I held the crayons above the palette and used my heat gun to melt the crayons into each small tub.


I let the crayons run down my canvas



The melted crayons added a lovely texture to the canvas




Here is the finished project


This mixed media project was so much fun to make.  I hope I have inspired you to have a go at it. 

Thanks for having a look at my canvas.

Suzanne xx

You can see a video of this whole process HERE.
You can get the February kit from Aunty Vera HERE.

3 comments:

  1. Super amazing, the colours are beautiful. I love this so much Suzanne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shut the front door!! How amazing is this!! Suzanne- you are the art queen!! Love this SO much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was about to say 'shut the front door" but noticed Amira beat me to it! This is just amazing Suzanne, Vincent would be proud of you as am I, this is truly a work of art!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...