Sunday, February 18, 2018

Love & Art: Lolly's Double Decker Shaker Card

Hello Crafty Friends!
Lolly's Love Card Marathon continues with a double decker shaker card.
Yep, you heard it right. DOUBLE DECKER!! Because shakers are so much fun.... why not double that fun?!.......


I'm still working on my Valentine Card series, and do you know what is better than a shaker card (besides TWO shaker cards)?   It's a double-decker shaker card.  Or, at least I think so, if it works out!   I've had this in my head for awhile, and it's been itching to come out of my head and onto paper.  Soooo, let's get started!

The first thing I did was choose a 3X4 inch cut apart (I chose the gumball card), and I cut two pieces of card stock and two pieces of acetate, all measuring 4X5 inches.  I also cut a little slip off the bottom of the decorative paper that says, "hello, Sweetheart." 


The two pieces of card stock will be for the bottom (base) of the shaker and the top (frame) of the shaker.  In order to cut the center out of the top piece to make a frame, I drew grid lines on it, half an inch from each edge.


Then I figured out how to use those grid lines on the top card to center my gumball card onto the base!

I laid the top card, grid side up, on my table, and then I put the gumball card face down onto it and applied glue onto the back of the gumball card.


Then I carefully laid the base card over those two cards, trying to match the edges of the top and bottom layers.


When I lifted the base card, the gumball card was centered onto it.  YAY~


Next, I used foam tape strips, cut in half lengthwise, and applied in two layers, to create an elevated border around the base card.


Once I had a border on all four sides, I added some sequins and carefully removed the paper backing on the foam strips.


Then I placed one acetate sheet over the foam and sequins.  Layer one was complete.  Next I used a tape runner to add the "Hello Sweetheart" sentiment to the left side of the card, on top of the acetate.


And I built up another two layers of foam tape around the card and added a different sequins mix.



I peeled off the foam tape backing and placed the second sheet of acetate over all that.  Then I used a ruler and craft blade to remove the center of the top card.


And I used a tape runner to adhere that to the top.  It is so cool!  You can see the depth in the layers of sequins, images, and acetate in person.


I added some buttons and a ribbon to the bottom right corner of the card, and it's done!




I loved this project.  The only difficulty I experienced was that in applying so many layers, it helps to look straight down over the project, which is difficult to do on video.  Speaking of video, you can watch the tutorial HERE.

These Valentine papers are so cute and so fun to work with.  Make sure you get some HERE while they are in stock! 

Thank you so much for following along.

Love & art,
Lolly
http://www.LollyPalooza.net


2 comments:

  1. I’m getting better at shaker cards. Love that button feature on the side. Shake shake shake!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep love shaker cards and this is so pretty.. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...