Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Love & Art - Tina's Valentine's Card Set

Hello Crafty Friends!
Wow those Crate Paper ephemera and stickers have been so popular! And no wonder... they are just perfect for cards and tags!!
Today Tina shows us her set of Valentine's cards..... including a simply adorable Llama Shaker Card - I like it lots.... and lots and LOTS!!!




Hi everyone, I am back with my second project for AVSC using the February kit, Love & Art.
I have 2 cards measuring 41/2" x 6" and some smaller cards in different sizes.







With these cards I used mainly the ephemera pack, sticker pack and the stamps from the kit,
including a few items from my personal collection.
The size of the small cards are based on the size of the ephemeras. I will use these little cards
to place in my kids lunch boxes on Valentine's day.

                     Shaker Card

For the shaker card I used Spellbinders, Nestabilities Labels Eight Etched Die, but you can use
any nesting die. I used 2 of the larger dies (not the largest the next 2).
I used Tamiya masking tape to hold them in place to make a frame. This tape is great because it doesn't leave residue on the dies and it peels off the papers easily.
I then cut 5 frames in pink and 1 in cream cardstock.


I removed the inner die and cut a piece of acetate with the large die, and
carefully glued each of the 5 pink frames on top of each other.
I glued the layered frame to the llama ephemera card , filled it with  shaker mix and glued the   acetate sheet on top. I used gel medium to really hold the acetate down.
Finally I glued the top frame over the acetate carefully aligning it (again I used gel medium) and decorated with hearts and a sentiment from the sticker pack.


I hope you enjoyed my Valentine's cards.
Happy Crafting
Tina xxx

This wonderful kit can be purchased Here along with many other great products.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...