Friday, August 17, 2018

We Can Be Heroes - Sarah's Planner Dashboards

Hello Crafty Friends!
Today Sarah has a very special project for all our Planner Super Heroes........ dashboard inserts to make your planners really WOW! And I love the idea of the 'Today' bookmark. I totally need to make one of these!



Hello everyone! I'm back to share another project using the wonderful August Kit. Planners are a fantastic way to combine craft with functionality, so I decided to make some planner dashboards for some of my planners - oops! I think I just let the cat out the bag... yes I have more than one!

For my first dashboard I created an A5 insert for one of my traveler's notebooks. I cut down two of the Marvel papers to A5 and decorated the backs. I then laminated them in an A4 sleeve and folded in half to make an A5 insert. You can see the middle of the insert here featuring Thor and Spiderman.


For the front of the insert I used the Hero Arts Abstract Skyline Stamp with Archival ink to create a background and then coloured it with Prima watercolours. I added an Ironman sticker from the Marvel collection to add some dimension.


 For the back of the insert I used alternating layers of the Marvel Craft Tape to create this pattern. I love how great this simple technique turned out!


 With my first dashboard complete I decided to make another for my personal sized ring planner. For this insert I used a 4x6" laminating sleeve. This is a little bit different to the personal planner size, but still works, and means you don't have to cut down large laminating sheets. 

Using one of the Marvel papers as a base, I then sprayed some Heidi Swapp Color Shine Spritz on the page. These sprays are so pigmented and shiny - I think I've found my new favourite product! I added a Spider Web doily on the top and then used the Spiderman Die on the bottom. I wasn't as patient as Donna with this, so I did a simple version, cutting the image out in red card stock and then accenting with black and white markers. I think he still looks great!


Finally, I thought I'd make a little 'today' bookmark for my planner too. Using a 3x4" laminating sleeve, I cut some scrap paper to size and then accented it using stickers from the Marvel collection. I also added some sequins from my stash. Simple, but so effective! 


I hope you've enjoyed these superhero dashboards, and might be inspired to make some of your own.

Bye for now!
xx Sarah xx

...............................................................

BUY this month's Kit HERE.
August Monthly kit is available for $88.55 which is a saving of 20% on
 buying the items separately.
Postage is $9.90 to anywhere in Aus.
For internationals, please email for accurate prices.
C O N T A C T:
 ................................

Join me on Youtube here


2 comments:

  1. Love them all but the washi palooza was my favourite!!!! Also loved how you coloured your city 💕💕 🌃

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...