Friday, August 10, 2018

We Can Be Heroes - Sarah’s Super-Loaded Envelopes

Hello Crafty Friends!
Who doesn't love receiving Happy Mail? Today Sarah shares her tutorial (and filling ideas) for Loaded Envelopes..... but it's super hero month right? So Sarah's envelopes are SUPER loaded!! :)



Hello everyone! I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing this month’s projects so far. What an amazing kit to work with! Today I’m sharing a project designed to be sent to others. I love pen paling and joining craft swap groups and it seems the latest thing to catch everyone’s eye in the craft community is loaded envelopes. These handmade beauties are simple pockets or envelopes filled with craft goodies. Today I share how to make a simple 2-pocket loaded envie.

To start you'll need to cut the bases. I used black card stock. Fold an A4 piece in half and cut to 4.5" wide. This will give you a large pocket of a little smaller than 4x6". For the smaller pocket use the scraps to cut a piece 4.5"x4.5"


Next, use 1/4" double sided tape (or another adhesive of your choice) on two of the long edges of your main base. Cut 1/4" off from each of the other sides and fold the sticky sides in to form tabs. I also cut triangle notches out to help the tabs sit better.




Stick the tabs to the other side of the large piece of card stock and it will make a large pocket like this:




For the smaller pocket tape the sides and bottom, cut the corners and fold in.



 Then stick down the smaller piece to the bottom of the large pocket and you'll have a double pocket like this:



Next you'll need to cut patterned paper to decorate the pockets. Measurements are as follows:
Bottom piece:  3.75 x 3.5"
Top Piece:       3.75 x 2.5"
Back piece:       3.75 x 5.75"

I used papers from the gorgeous Marvel Page Kit for this.



Put it all together and here it is:



I couldn't stop at just one, so I made two more! Another Captain America one:



And a Spider Man one:



Next, it's time to fill the pockets up. They are called loaded envelopes after all! You can put whatever you like in the pockets. To start with I made some Spider Man tags/bookmarks using the Marvel Collection and the Tim Holtz Air Mail String.



I then made some superhero wands using papers and stickers from the Marvel collection, some airmail string and some American Crafts Spider Web Doilies adhered to some paper straws.



I thought I would also include some embellishments that the receiver could craft with themselves. First I made some borders and punches from the paper scraps.





I also included some of the spider web doilies...



...and some stunning Spider Man serviettes from a local store.



Place all these items in the pockets and the loaded envies are done!



I hope you've enjoyed this project. I'd love to see your take on a loaded envie! Please join our Facebook group and share your projects with us.

Bye for now!

Sarah

.......................................................................................................
BUY this month's Kit HERE.
August Monthly kit is available for $88.55 which is a saving of 20% on
 buying the items separately.
Postage is $9.90 to anywhere in Aus.
For internationals, please email for accurate prices.
C O N T A C T:
info@auntyverascrapandcraft.com.au
 ................................
Join me on Youtube here


2 comments:

  1. That’s awesome. Quick easy ideas for a swap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these and looks brilliant and easy.. I love getting great new ideas for a kit..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...