Sunday, July 7, 2019

On Such a Winter's Day - SnowFlakes in October - by Aussie Scrapper

Hello Crafty Friends!
The weekend is always a great time to sort through photos and even get some scrapbooking done (well, that's my plan anyway...lol). Today Silvia has a beautiful winter layout to share - inspired by a sketch shared in our facebook group.....





July, it's July, how did this happen? It feels like only yesterday it was only April.  What happened to May and June.  Life is just so busy and there is so much happening,
So it's July and the beautiful Vera has tempted us with all these beautiful winter papers.  I start to wonder what photos I can use as we really don't have any snow here where I live.
Inspiration hits as I remember a special birthday I had where my husband and I went for a weekend away to Jenolan Caves.  It was the middle of October (our spring) but for some reason, we had a cold snap and it started snowing.  Snowing on my birthday what a treat....

In June on the Crafty Vera and Friends facebook group,  I made an announcement for a challenge.  It could be any type of scrapping challenge, a sketch, a recipe whatever you could think of.
Ann Baldwin a fellow crafty group member issued me with a sketch challenge.  So as promised here is the sketch Ann challenged me on and the challenge was accepted.

Thank you, Ann, for this great sketch.



My first step was to find and choose the photos I wanted to scrap of that special day.  I chose three.
The second step was to pick my background paper and this is the bit that took the longest.  I just could not decide but in the end, I chose this gorgeous paper because of the trees.  It's from Authentique and the paper is called "Solitude Three"

I

I then spent some time trying to organise my photos on this paper.  Here is what I had in mind.


Once again I went looking through my goodies and the Authentique Solitude Elements die cuts kept calling me.  These die cuts are perforated and I love that you can see them all in one hit.


These are the three I chose for this layout as my embellishment.


The layout was coming together in my head and I wanted some snowflakes.  I went through everything and nope no snowflakes.  Time to play with my silhouette cameo.  I found a snowflake cutfile.  I duplicated it a few times and made a few snowflakes in different sizes using some grey cardstock.


I liked my snowflakes but they had no sparkle and looked quite boring so I jazzed them up using my chosen product from Aunty vera.  I knew it would come in handy and yep I found a new favourite toy.  Love the sparkle it gave my snowflakes. Love this Nuvo silver paste.  


I found one more die cut I wanted to use from the Authentique Solitude Elements die cuts.  This was on the other side and I had to use the word "magical" because this birthday truly did feel magical.


The final step was to put all these pieces together and glue everything down and then I wrote some journaling.  I love how well these papers went with my photos.  Thank you, Aunty Vera,
for a great selection of paper,


Remember to check out Aunty Veras website for some great goodies and I will also leave a link to my youtube process HERE.










5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful layout Silvia, I love how the snowflakes turned out. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful Silvia, I love that paper as well..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those snowflakes are beautiful Silvia. They really compliment the whole page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful layout Silvia xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...